You are here
4+1: BSE+Master's Degree Program
Complete a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in 5 years
Leading employers recognize the value of master's-level education. Our Pratt 4+1 Program provides a way for engineering students to complete a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in as little as five years total.
The 4+1 option is available in every Pratt School of Engineering master's degree program, including those leading to a Master of Science (MS), Master of Engineering (MEng) and Master of Engineering Management (MEM).
"Duke's 4+1 program was the perfect opportunity for me to earn my master’s degree."
Read Rachel's Story »
The 4+1 option is available in every master’s program at the Pratt School of Engineering
Master of Engineering (MEng)
- AI for Product Innovation (AIPI)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computational Mechanics & Scientific Computing
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Financial Technology (FinTech)
- Materials Science Engineering (through the Thomas Lord MEMS department)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Risk Engineering
Your director of undergraduate studies works with you to develop your personal academic plan—four years as an undergraduate, and one year of graduate study.
- Download this comparison chart »
- View a recorded overview (11 minutes) »
- Download the slides from the overview (with presenter notes) »
- Attend an information session »
Assistant Director of Master's Admissions