You are here
Pratt Walking Tours
Explore Duke Engineering
On the Pratt Walking Tour, you'll explore Harrington Engineering Quad with a friendly and knowledgable student tour guide!
Our tours are:
- About an hour long
- Limited to 20 people per tour, and four per sign-up group
- Scheduled so you may also take the Duke University Admissions tour
- Given rain or shine
- Summer 2018: May 21 – August 10
Please reserve your space two (2) or more business days before your preferred tour date:
Before the Tour
Know Our Holiday and Break Dates
Because we rely on the expertise of student guides, the Pratt Walking Tour will not take place during these exam and term break times:
- April 25 – May 20: Spring Reading Period and Final Exams, Graduation, Transition to Summer Term I
Tell Us Your Accessibility Needs
Duke University and the Pratt School of Engineering welcome and encourage individuals with disabilities to participate in our programs and activities.
If you need any type of reasonable accommodation, or have questions about access, please contact Lauren Stulgis at email@example.com or 919-660-5442 in advance of your visit.
To inquire about visitor accessibility and accommodation at Duke, please visit access.duke.edu, or call 919-684-1424.
Schedule a Group Tour
Have a group with five or more? Discuss group tour options with Lauren Stulgis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-660-5442.
On Tour Day
Tours begin in the lobby of the Teer Engineering building. It's a short walk (0.2 miles) from the Bryan Center Parking Garage to Teer [map]:
- Exit to Science Drive and turn right
- Follow the sidewalk past the circle and continue downhill
- The Nello L. Teer Engineering Building is on your left
- Enter through the main doors and meet your tour in the lobby
Pratt Walking Tours begin in the lobby of the Nello L. Teer Engineering Building. In the Teer lobby, look for our blue-and-orange Pratt Walking Tour signs. While you wait for the tour to start, be sure to pick up free brochures and explore our interactive touch-screen displays.
More to Do at Duke
If you have additional time during your campus visit, you are invited to:
- Browse today's calendar of events at the Pratt School of Engineering — many are free and open to the public
- Attend an event on Duke's events calendar
- Tour the Duke Immersive Virtual Environment — 5 p.m.-6 p.m. most Thursdays, free.
- Dine at one of Duke's more than 50 restaurants and cafés
If Plans Change
What If It Rains?
The Duke campus sees an average 220 days of sunshine a year! So there's a great chance you'll see our campus at its sunny best. We do give tours when it rains. Our campus is still beautiful and our guides still friendly and knowledgable, no matter the weather. All that is typically needed is an umbrella.
In Case of Severe Weather
When severe weather threatens, check the DukeAlert website. The Pratt Walking Tour is canceled when Duke classes are canceled.
Have a weather-related question? Contact Lauren Stulgis at email@example.com or 919-660-5442.
How to Cancel
If you have registered but cannot attend, please let us know – this will allow us to open a spot to another interested prospective student.
To cancel, simply send your name, and tour date and time to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 919-660-5442.
Questions about Pratt tours should be directed to Director of Undergraduate Student Affairs Lauren Stulgis, at email@example.com or 919-660-5442.