Electrical and Computer Engineering
Adjunct Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Dr. Jeff Derby received his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from Columbia University in 1975. He joined IBM in Research Triangle Park, NC, in 1982 after spending seven years with Bell Laboratories in Whippany, NJ. He is currently a Senior Technical Staff Member in the PowerPC Technology Development area in the IBM Microelectronics Division. His work is focused on analog and digital signal processing subsystems with application to telecommunications. He is listed as an inventor or co-inventor on 22 US patents. Dr. Derby has been an adjunct faculty member at Duke since 1984.
- Ph.D. Columbia University, 1975
- Adjunct Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 559: Advanced Digital System Design
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 651: Software Engineering