Choose Your Path
We offer 3 master's program options in 10+ areas of study—customize your path to meet your career goals!
- Personalized mentorship from faculty ranked among top 10 in the U.S. for research productivity
- Extensive interdisciplinary ties across Duke—one of the world’s leading universities
- Dedicated career services
- Strong support for entrepreneurial interests
- Welcoming, close-knit community
- Low cost of living in an area ranked one of America’s Best Places to Live
"The programming courses I took at Duke gave me broader options with my career choices."
Software Engineer, Google
Areas of Study
Computational Mechanics & Scientific Computing
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Materials Science & Engineering
Photonics & Optical Sciences
Flexible Degree Options
Master of Science (MS)
In-depth engineering program with thesis or research project—ideal for students interested in tech careers or doctoral study
Master of Engineering (MEng)
Focused engineering studies with business coursework and internship—ideal for students who want to advance in industry careers
Master of Engineering Management
Combines business courses and technical studies with internship and workshops to produce tech-industry leaders and managers. Campus and online options available!
"My MS studies at Duke gave me opportunities to try my hand at different research paths, and it gave me time to make my decisions for my future. I graduated equipped with necessary skillsets to advance in mechanical engineering."
Doctoral Student, Duke