You are here
Duke-Sloan Boot Camp for Undergraduates
For undergrads interested in a PhD in computer science, chemistry, earth and ocean sciences, mathematics, physics, statistical science or engineering
Each fall, the Duke-Sloan and Pratt School of Engineering Graduate Boot Camp brings talented undergraduates to Duke.
The boot camp is part of Duke’s efforts to foster an intellectually and demographically diverse environment that supports creativity, innovation, and a strong sense of community.
Boot camp participants receive in-depth information on these topics and more:
- How do I know if graduate school is for me?
- What is the difference between a master’s and a PhD and the career opportunities for each path?
- Graduate school admission process and how to develop a competitive application
- Duke graduate programs and research opportunities
- Duke Graduate School funding and fellowship opportunities
- Summer research opportunities at Duke
- Meet faculty and students in your research interests
This boot camp is co-sponsored by the Duke University Center of Exemplary Mentoring and the Pratt School of Engineering.