You are here
Assistant Professor of the Practice in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of the Practice in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 187 Hudson Hall, Box 90300, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5339
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2007
Research InterestsEngineering education, nonlinear systems, structural mechanics and numerical methods.
- EGR 95FS: First Year seminar in Focus
- EGR 101L: Engineering Design and Communication
- EGR 121L: Engineering Innovation
- EGR 190: Special Topics in Engineering
- EGR 190L: Special Topics in Engineering with Lab Component
- EGR 244L: Dynamics
- EHD 395: Bass Connections: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- EHD 396: Bass Connections: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- EHD 795: Bass Connections: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- EHD 796: Bass Connections: Interdisciplinary Team Projects
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
In the News
- New First-Year Design Course, Space Debut (Aug 24, 2017)
- Santillan, ST; Virgin, LN, Numerical and experimental analysis of the static behavior of highly deformed risers, Ocean Engineering, vol 38 no. 13 (2011), pp. 1397-1402 [10.1016/j.oceaneng.2011.06.009] [abs].
- Watkins, RJ; Santillan, S; Radice, J; Barton, O, Vibration response of an elastically point-supported plate with attached masses, Thin Walled Structures, vol 48 no. 7 (2010), pp. 519-527 [10.1016/j.tws.2010.02.005] [abs].
- Santillan, ST; Virgin, LN; Plaut, RH, Static and dynamic behavior of highly deformed risers and pipelines, Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, vol 132 no. 2 (2010), pp. 1-6 [10.1115/1.4000555] [abs].
- Santillan, ST; Plaut, RH; Witelski, TP; Virgin, LN, Large oscillations of beams and columns including self-weight, International Journal of Non Linear Mechanics, vol 43 no. 8 (2008), pp. 761-771 [10.1016/j.ijnonlinmec.2008.04.007] [abs].
- Virgin, LN; Santillan, ST; Plaut, RH, Vibration isolation using extreme geometric nonlinearity, Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol 315 no. 3 (2008), pp. 721-731 [10.1016/j.jsv.2007.12.025] [abs].