You are here
Pranam D. Chatterjee
Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
We develop diverse algorithmic modalities to discover, characterize, and engineer novel proteins for applications in genome editing, targeted protein modulation, and reproductive bioengineering.
Our long-term goals are two-fold:
- Enable the de novo design of protein effectors for any biological purpose
- Leverage our platform technologies to prolong and promote reproductive longevity and equality
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2020
Integration of computational and experimental methodologies to design novel proteins for applications in genome editing, targeted protein modulation, and reproductive bioengineering
- BME 390L: Special Topics with a Lab
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
In the News
- Pranam Chatterjee: Engineering the Reproductive System, One Protein at a Time | Duke Engineering News (Sept. 30, 2021)
- Kobayashi, M; Kobayashi, M; Odajima, J; Shioda, K; Hwang, YS; Sasaki, K; Chatterjee, P; Kramme, C; Kohman, RE; Church, GM; Loehr, AR; Weiss, RS; Jüppner, H; Gell, JJ; Lau, CC; Shioda, T, Expanding homogeneous culture of human primordial germ cell-like cells maintaining germline features without serum or feeder layers, Stem Cell Reports, vol 17 no. 3 (2022), pp. 507-521 [10.1016/j.stemcr.2022.01.012] [abs].
- Palepu, K; Ponnapati, M; Bhat, S; Tysinger, E; Stan, T; Brixi, G; Koseki, SRT; Chatterjee, P, Design of Peptide-Based Protein Degraders via Contrastive Deep Learning (2022) [10.1101/2022.05.23.493169] [abs].
- Kramme, C; Plesa, AM; Wang, HH; Wolf, B; Smela, MP; Guo, X; Kohman, RE; Chatterjee, P; Church, GM, MegaGate: A toxin-less gateway molecular cloning tool., Star Protocols, vol 2 no. 4 (2021) [10.1016/j.xpro.2021.100907] [abs].
- Kramme, C; Plesa, AM; Wang, HH; Wolf, B; Smela, MP; Guo, X; Kohman, RE; Chatterjee, P; Church, GM, An integrated pipeline for mammalian genetic screening., Cell Reports Methods, vol 1 no. 6 (2021) [10.1016/j.crmeth.2021.100082] [abs].
- Tripathy, S; Ponnapati, M; Jacobson, J; Chatterjee, P, Sub-Picomolar Detection of SARS-CoV-2 RBD via Computationally-Optimized Peptide Beacons (2021) [10.1101/2021.06.04.447114] [abs].