You are here
Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Jungsang Kim leads the Multifunctional Integrated Systems Technology group at Duke University. His main area of current research is quantum information sciences, where his group uses trapped atomic ions and a range of photonics technologies in an effort to construct a scalable quantum information processors and quantum communication networks. His research focuses on introduction of new technologies, such as micro fabricated ion traps, optical micro-electromechanical systems, advanced single photon detectors, compact cryogenics and vacuum technologies, towards a functional integration of quantum information processing systems.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor in the Department of Computer Science
- Professor of Physics
- Professor in the Department of Physics
- Office Location: Fciemas 2519, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5258
- Email Address: email@example.com
- ECE 523: Quantum Information Science
- ECE 541: Advanced Optics
- ECE 573: Optical Communication Systems
- PHYSICS 791: SPECIAL READINGS
In the News
- Venture Firms Back Startup with Novel Twist on Quantum Computing (Jul 26, 2017 | The Wall Street Journal )
- From the Abacus to Supercomputers to Quantum Computers (Jun 12, 2017 | Pratt School of Engineering )
- Photonics Researchers Continue Steps Toward's World's First Quantum Computer (Feb 12, 2016)
- Grant Targets Quantum Computing’s Error Control Challenge (Jan 6, 2016)
- Pratt Engineers Awarded Four Department of Defense Grants (Jun 18, 2013)
- Cahall, C; Nicolich, KL; Islam, NT; Lafyatis, GP; Miller, AJ; Gauthier, DJ; Kim, J, Multi-photon detection using a conventional superconducting nanowire single-photon detector, Optica, vol 4 no. 12 (2017), pp. 1534-1535 [10.1364/OPTICA.4.001534] [abs].
- Allen, S; Kim, J; Moehring, DL; Monroe, CR, Reconfigurable and programmable ion trap quantum computer, 2017 IEEE International Conference on Rebooting Computing, ICRC 2017 - Proceedings, vol 2017-January (2017), pp. 1-3 [10.1109/ICRC.2017.8123665] [abs].
- Islam, NT; Lim, CCW; Cahall, C; Kim, J; Gauthier, DJ, Provably secure and high-rate quantum key distribution with time-bin qudits., Science Advances, vol 3 no. 11 (2017) [10.1126/sciadv.1701491] [abs].
- Kim, J; Crain, S; Fang, C; Joseph, J; Maunz, P, Enabling trapped ion quantum computing with MEMS technology, International Conference on Optical MEMS and Nanophotonics (2017) [10.1109/OMN.2017.8051444] [abs].
- Li, L; Muralidharan, S; Zou, CL; Albert, VV; Kim, J; Lütkenhaus, N; Lukin, MD; Girvin, SM; Jiang, L, Optimized architectures for long distance quantum communication, Summer Topicals Meeting Series, SUM 2017 (2017), pp. 149-150 [10.1109/PHOSST.2017.8012694] [abs].