You are here
Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Jungsang Kim leads the Multifunctional Integrated Systems Technology group at Duke University. His main area of current research is quantum information sciences, where his group uses trapped atomic ions and a range of photonics technologies in an effort to construct a scalable quantum information processors and quantum communication networks. His research focuses on introduction of new technologies, such as micro fabricated ion traps, optical micro-electromechanical systems, advanced single photon detectors, compact cryogenics and vacuum technologies, towards a functional integration of quantum information processing systems.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor in the Department of Computer Science
- Professor of Physics
- Office Location: Fciemas 2519, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5258
- Email Address: email@example.com
Quantum Computing with Trapped Ions, Quantum Information Science, Novel Photonic Devices, Application of Quantum Computers
- ECE 523: Quantum Information Science
- ECE 541: Advanced Optics
- ECE 573: Optical Communication Systems
- PHYSICS 791: SPECIAL READINGS
In the News
- Duke to Lead $15 Million Program to Create First Practical Quantum Computer (Aug 7, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Venture Firms Back Startup with Novel Twist on Quantum Computing (Jul 26, 2017 | The Wall Street Journal)
- From the Abacus to Supercomputers to Quantum Computers (Jun 12, 2017 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Photonics Researchers Continue Steps Toward's World's First Quantum Computer (Feb 12, 2016)
- Grant Targets Quantum Computing’s Error Control Challenge (Jan 6, 2016)
- Pratt Engineers Awarded Four Department of Defense Grants (Jun 18, 2013)
- Aragoneses, A; Islam, NT; Eggleston, M; Lezama, A; Kim, J; Gauthier, DJ, Bounding the outcome of a two-photon interference measurement using weak coherent states, Optics Letters, vol 43 no. 16 (2018), pp. 3806-3809 [10.1364/OL.43.003806] [abs].
- Cahall, C; Nicolich, KL; Islam, NT; Lafyatis, GP; Miller, AJ; Gauthier, DJ; Kim, J, Photon-Number Resolution in Conventional Superconducting Nanowire Single-photon Detectors: Experimental Demonstration, 2018 Conference on Lasers and Electro Optics, Cleo 2018 Proceedings (2018) [abs].
- Nicolich, KL; Cahall, C; Islam, NT; Lafyatis, GP; Kim, J; Gauthier, DJ, Photon-Number Resolution in Conventional Superconducting Nanowire Single-Photon Detectors: Theoretical Predictions, 2018 Conference on Lasers and Electro Optics, Cleo 2018 Proceedings (2018) [abs].
- Islam, NT; Lim, CCW; Cahall, C; Qi, B; Kim, J; Gauthier, DJ, High-rate Time-bin Quantum Key Distribution Using Quantum-controlled Measurement, 2018 Conference on Lasers and Electro Optics, Cleo 2018 Proceedings (2018) [abs].
- Cahall, C; Gauthier, DJ; Kim, J, Scalable cryogenic readout circuit for a superconducting nanowire single-photon detector system., Review of Scientific Instruments, vol 89 no. 6 (2018) [10.1063/1.5018179] [abs].