You are here
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Prof. Noel's research interests include both the technology development for scalable ion trap quantum computers, as well as using existing ion trap quantum computers for relevant demonstrations, tests, and simulations.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor of Physics
- Office Location: 701 W Main St, Chesterfield Building, Durham, NC 27701
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of California - Berkeley, 2019
- B.S. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2013
Quantum computing and simulation with trapped ions, integrated photonics for scalable trapped ion systems, and electric-field noise from surfaces
- ECE 270DL: Fields and Waves: Fundamentals of Information Propagation
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
In the News
- Three Things to Know About Federal Investment in Quantum Computing (Jul 10, 2023 | Duke Today)
- Glimpses of quantum computing phase changes show researchers the tipping point (Jun 10, 2022 | Phys.org)
- Niroula, P; White, CD; Wang, Q; Johri, S; Zhu, D; Monroe, C; Noel, C; Gullans, MJ, Phase transition in magic with random quantum circuits (2023) [abs].
- Zhu, D; Kahanamoku-Meyer, GD; Lewis, L; Noel, C; Katz, O; Harraz, B; Wang, Q; Risinger, A; Feng, L; Biswas, D; Egan, L; Gheorghiu, A; Nam, Y; Vidick, T; Vazirani, U; Yao, NY; Cetina, M; Monroe, C, Interactive cryptographic proofs of quantumness using mid-circuit measurements, Nature Physics (2023) [10.1038/s41567-023-02162-9] [abs].
- Zhu, D; Cian, ZP; Noel, C; Risinger, A; Biswas, D; Egan, L; Zhu, Y; Green, AM; Alderete, CH; Nguyen, NH; Wang, Q; Maksymov, A; Nam, Y; Cetina, M; Linke, NM; Hafezi, M; Monroe, C, Cross-platform comparison of arbitrary quantum states., Nature Communications, vol 13 no. 1 (2022) [10.1038/s41467-022-34279-5] [abs].
- Lewis, L; Zhu, D; Gheorghiu, A; Noel, C; Katz, O; Harraz, B; Wang, Q; Risinger, A; Feng, L; Biswas, D; Egan, L; Vidick, T; Cetina, M; Monroe, C, Experimental Implementation of an Efficient Test of Quantumness (2022) [abs].
- Berlin-Udi, M; Matthiesen, C; Lloyd, PNT; Alonso, AM; Noel, C; Saarel, B; Orme, CA; Kim, C-E; Nelson, AJ; Ray, KG; Lordi, V; Häffner, H, Changes in electric field noise due to thermal transformation of a surface ion trap, Physical Review B, vol 106 no. 3 (2022) [10.1103/physrevb.106.035409] [abs].