You are here
Christine K. Payne
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Associate Professor of Chemistry
- Office Location: 701 W. Main St., Office 4306, Chesterfield Building, Durham, NC 27701
- Office Phone: (919) 681-2096
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of California at Berkeley, 2003
Molecular mechanisms by which cells interact with materials, specifically nanoparticles and conducting polymers, with applications in nanomedicine and environmental exposure
- CHEM 590: Special Topics in Chemistry
- ME 392: Undergraduate Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 394: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 490: Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
In the News
- Mathematics-Bioscience Partnership to Explore Cellular Transport (Jun 8, 2018)
- Christine Payne: Investigating Interactions between Cells and Engineered Materials (Sep 21, 2017)
- Morris, JD; Payne, CK, Microscopy and Cell Biology: New Methods and New Questions., Annual Review of Physical Chemistry, vol 70 (2019), pp. 199-218 [10.1146/annurev-physchem-042018-052527] [abs].
- Jayaram, DT; Pustulka, SM; Mannino, RG; Lam, WA; Payne, CK, Protein Corona in Response to Flow: Effect on Protein Concentration and Structure., Biophysical Journal, vol 115 no. 2 (2018), pp. 209-216 [10.1016/j.bpj.2018.02.036] [abs].
- Runa, S; Hussey, M; Payne, CK, Nanoparticle-Cell Interactions: Relevance for Public Health., Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol 122 no. 3 (2018), pp. 1009-1016 [10.1021/acs.jpcb.7b08650] [abs].
- Thourson, SB; Payne, CK, Modulation of action potentials using PEDOT:PSS conducting polymer microwires, Scientific Reports, vol 7 no. 1 (2017) [10.1038/s41598-017-11032-3] [abs].
- Runa, S; Lakadamyali, M; Kemp, ML; Payne, CK, TiO2 Nanoparticle-Induced Oxidation of the Plasma Membrane: Importance of the Protein Corona., Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol 121 no. 37 (2017), pp. 8619-8625 [10.1021/acs.jpcb.7b04208] [abs].