You are here
Making Online Appointments with the Graduate Communications Center (GCC) Team
The team in the Graduate Communications Center (GCC) is providing one-on-one coaching and feedback sessions for master's and PhD students online.
To register and make an appointment, please follow these instructions:
- Go to wconline.pratt.duke.edu
- Log on using your Duke Net ID and password
- If you haven’t used the GCC scheduling system before, you may need to register your account
Please note that you need your Net ID to register, not your Student ID number.
- After logging in, choose the appropriate schedule at the top center of the window. There are multiple schedules. Choose the correct schedule for your degree type (Master's GCC or PhD GCC).
- Choose an open slot (white)
- Make sure to note the date and time and click “Create Appointment”
- If you are working on a document, you may upload files when you create the appointment or you may choose to upload it later by clicking “Modify Appointment”
- You will receive a confirmation email about your appointment
- Return to the schedule and time slot you booked.
- Click on your appointment slot
- A few minutes before your appointment, in the appointment window, click the red link “START OR JOIN ONLINE CONSULTANT."
You may need to enable the scheduling system to access your device’s speakers and microphone.
The scheduling system allows for video conferencing, chat, and synchronous document editing and commenting between the student and the consultant. Students can import documents they would like to work on.
Other Important Information
- If you are unable to access your appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online appointments are mobile-device friendly, but we recommend students use a laptop or tablet for appointments
- Students outside the United States may need to use the Duke Virtual Private Network (VPN) or request that their Internet provider to allow access to ports 9091 and 9093, as those are needed for the online module to function
- If you need to cancel and reschedule your GCC appointment, please log on to wconline.pratt.duke.edu. Click on your appointment and choose “Cancel.” You will receive a cancellation email