You are here
Board of Visitors
The board comprises some of our most distinguished alumni and friends
The Duke Engineering Board of Visitors provides advice and counsel in long-range planning, academic programs, fundraising, and public relations.
Expectations of the board and of each member include:
- Exerting a positive influence within the school and the university
- Providing advice and counsel to the dean and senior staff
- Serving as a conduit between students, faculty and administration
- Shaping and supporting the school's position within the university
- Ms. Suzanne M. Gregory (Sue), BSE'87, P'18 - Managing Counsel, Merck & Company, Inc.
- Mr. Michael J. Bingle (Mike), BSE'94 - Managing Partner, Silver Lake Group
- Mr. T. Richard Alfonsi, BSE’93, P’23 - Former Executive, Stripe, Twitter, & Google
- Mr. Scott J. Arnold, BSE'86, P'20 - President, AuditBoard
- Mr. Stephen R. Bolze (Steve), BSE'85, P'15 - Senior Managing Director & Global Head of Infrastructure Portfolio Operations & Asset Management, Blackstone Group
- Mr. Andrew Carver, BSE’96 – CEO, Carver Pump Company
- Dr. Fay W. Chang, PhD, BSE’94 - Retired Engineer, Google
- Mr. Jeffrey Citron, P’20, P’23 – Chairman/Director, Vonage
- Dr. Christopher P. Cheng, B.S.E.’98 - Vice President—Medical Division, Global Science & Technology, Inc.
- Mr. Matthew Q. Christensen (Matt), BSE'02 - CEO & Portfolio Manager, Rose Park Advisors
- Dr. Gary I. Cohen, T’70, P’97, P’99, P’03 – Director Emeritus, Sandra and Malcolm Berman Cancer Institute at Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC)
- Dr. Michael J. Cooney (Mike), BSE’86 – Tele-Radiologist, Virtual Radiologic Corporation (vRad)
- Mr. Damian Dolland, B.S.E.’98 - Founder and CEO, Darisami Group
- Ms. Katherine Durant, P’20, P’21 (Katy) – Partner, Atlas Investments
- Mrs. Holly M. Espy, BSE’93 – Journalist, Fox 5
- Mr. David W. Erdman, BSE'71 - Erdman Hockfield & Leone, LLP
- Mrs. Kim B. Fields, T’90 – Owner, Fields Realty, LLC
- Mrs. Sara Hassan Furber, BSE’97 - Head of Listings, Investors Exchange, LLC
- Dr. James K. Henry Jr., PhD (Jake), BSE’96, PhD’99 - Director, McKinsey & Company
- Mrs. Ruby G. Holder, E’88, B’93 – Chief Strategy Officer, Proteovant Therapeutic
- Dr. H. Kent Holland, MD, BSE'78 - Program Director, The Blood & Marrow Transplant Group of GA; Co-Director - Stem Cell Processing Lab, Northside Hospital
- Mr. Ram Jagannath, BSE’98 – Senior Managing Director, Blackstone
- Ms. Julie Anne Keenan, BSE'84 - Independent Consultant, IMPLEXpartners
- Dr. Stacy Klein-Gardner, PhD, BSE’91 – Adjunct Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University
- Mrs. Brandee Krzanich, P'24 – Founder/CEO, Bezel Ventures, LLC
- Mr. Court V. Lorenzini, BSE'87, P'19 - CEO, MetaBrite, Inc.
- Ms. Valecia D. Maclin, E’92 – General Manager, Engineering, Customer Security & Trust, Microsoft Corp.
- Dr. John J. Mastrototaro, PhD, G'84, G'89, P'20 - VP, Informatics, Medtronic, Inc.
- Mr. Nelson E. Matthews, Jr. (JR), BSE'85, P'19 - Founder, Tregaron Capital Co.
- Mr. Thomas C. Mazzucco Jr. (Tom), BSE'88 - Managing Director, Head of Global Internet & Digital Media Investment Banking, KeyBanc Capital Markets
- Mr. John M. McDonald III, BSE'83, P'17 - Co-Founder & Senior Managing Director, Hyde Park Capital Partners
- Mr. J. Bradford McIlvain (Brad), BSE'81 - Partner, Archer & Greiner, P.C.
- Ms. Michelle McMurry-Heath, G’99, M’00 – President & CEO, Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
- Mr. Terry Myerson, BSE’92, G’92 – Executive VP & Former Leader of the Windows & Devices Group (WDG)
- Mrs. Tanya S. Nizialek, BSE'91 - Director, System Program Office, U.S. Government
- Mr. Joseph C. Peterson Jr., BSE’91, P’22 – CEO, Varda Partners
- Dr. Stacy L. Pineles, MD, BSE’00 - Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, Residency Program Director, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Mr. Scott C. Raney, E’91 – Managing Director, Redpoint Ventures
- Mr. Steven C. Rosner (Steve), BSE'83, P'18 - Senior Partner & VP, L.E.K. Consulting
- Mr. Joseph A. Saldutti Jr., B.S.E.E.’88, P’20 – Managing Director, Gridiron Capital
- Mr. Michael Salvino (Mike), P’20 - Managing Director, Carrick Capital Partners
- Mr. John Sartor, E’92 - President & CEO, Paulus, Sokolowski & Sartor, LLC
- Mr. Robert L. Seelig, E’90, B’91 – EVP & General Counsel, White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd.
- Mr. Eric J. Schiffer, BME’83, P’24 – Venture Capitalist, Real Estate Developer & Business Advisor & Managing Partner, Gratitude Ventures
- Mrs. Valerie Schimel, T’00 – Founder and Editor, Munchkin Fun
- Mr. Steven R. Steinhilber (Steve), T'76, P'12, P'15 - Vice President of Global Business Development, Equinix
- Mr. Armando A. Tabernilla, BSE’81, P’19 – VP & General Counsel, Florida Crystals Corporation
- Mr. Scott E. Telesz, BSE'89 – Operating Partner, Global Infrastructure Partners
- Ms. Lee J. Tiedrich, BSE'88 - Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
- Mr. Manlio A. Valdés, BSE'88, P'17 - VP, Product Management & Marketing, Trane Commercial NA & EMEA at Ingersoll Rand
- Mr. Alan L. Whitehurst, BSE'94, L'97, G'97 - Partner, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart Sullivan, LLP
- Ms. Denise A. Williams, BSE'87 - Senior Vice President, General Manager & Global Commercial Leader, General Medicine & Women's Health, Merck
- Ms. Kathleen M. Williams (Kate), T'80, P'12 - Grant Committee Chair, Rancho Santa Fe Women's Fund; Social Enterprise Chair, Harvard Business School Alumni Club of San Diego
- Mr. Nicholas Zaldastani (Nick), BSE'79, P'18, P'20 - BrainTap Technologies
- Dan Dickinson, BSE’83, P’15, P’19 - Co-Founder and Managing Partner, HCI Equity Partners
- Mr. George Mattson, BSE'87, P'16 - Private Equity Investor
- Mr. Thomas A. Natelli (Tom), BSE'82, P'10 - President & CEO, Natelli Communities
- Mrs. Janis J. Rehlaender, BSE'77, P'07, P'09, P'11 - Retired Director of Corporate Planning, Baxter International; Chairman, Darien, Conn. Board of Education
Updated: June 2, 2021