You are here
Board of Visitors
An advisory board whose members include some of our most distinguished alumni and friends
The Duke Engineering Board of Visitors provides advice and counsel in long-range planning, academic programs, fundraising, and public relations.
Expectations of the board and of each member include:
- Exerting a positive influence within the school and the university
- Providing advice and counsel to the dean and senior staff
- Serving as a conduit between students, faculty and administration
- Shaping and supporting the school's position within the university
- Dr. Stacy Klein-Gardner, PhD, BSE’91 – Adjunct Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University
- Mr. Manlio A. Valdés, BSE'88, P'17 - VP, Product Management & Marketing, Trane Commercial NA & EMEA at Ingersoll Rand
- Mr. T. Richard Alfonsi, BSE’93, P’23 - Former Executive, Stripe, Twitter, & Google
- Mr. Scott J. Arnold, BSE'86, P'20 - President, AuditBoard
- Mrs. Lisa A. Carter, BSE’84 – Strategic Growth Planning and Leadership Development
- Mr. Andrew Carver, BSE’96 – CEO, Carver Pump Company
- Dr. Fay W. Chang, PhD, BSE’94 - Retired Engineer, Google
- Dr. Christopher P. Cheng, B.S.E.’98 – President &CEO, Global Science & Technology, Adjunct Professor of Surgery, Stanford University
- Mr. Matthew Q. Christensen (Matt), BSE'02 – Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Rose Park Advisors
- Mr. Jeffrey Citron, P’20, P’23 – Chairman/Director, Vonage
- Dr. Gary I. Cohen, T’70, P’97, P’99, P’03 – Director Emeritus, Sandra and Malcolm Berman Cancer Institute at Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC)
- Dr. Michael J. Cooney (Mike), BSE’86 – Tele-Radiologist, Virtual Radiologic Corporation (vRad)
- Mr. Damian V. Dolland, B.S.E.’98 - CEO, Multicultural Client Strategy Group, Morgan Stanley
- Audrei Drummond, E’08 – Senior Staff Engineer, Webflow
- Ms. Katherine Durant, P’20, P’21 (Katy) – Partner, Atlas Investments
- Mr. David W. Erdman, BSE'71 - Erdman Hockfield & Leone, LLP
- Mrs. Holly M. Espy, BSE’93 – Anchor/Reporter, WTTG-TV
- Mr. Eric M. Free, BSE’91, B’98 – Chief Growth Officer, Flexera Software
- Mrs. Sara Hassan Furber, BSE’97 – CFO, IEX Group
- Dr. James K. Henry Jr., PhD (Jake), BSE’96, PhD’99 – Managing Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Ms. Ruby Grewal, E’88, B’93 – Chief Strategy Officer, Proteovant Therapeutics
- Mr. Ram M. Jagannath, BSE’98 – Senior Managing Director, Blackstone
- Ms. Julie A. Keenan, BSE'84 - Independent Consultant
- Mrs. Brandee Krzanich, P'24 – Founder/CEO, Bezel Ventures, LLC
- Mr. Court V. Lorenzini, BSE'87, P'19 - CEO, MetaBrite, Inc.
- Ms. Valecia D. Maclin, E’92 – General Manager, Engineering, Customer Security & Trust, Microsoft Corp.
- Dr. John J. Mastrototaro, PhD, G'84, G'89, P'20 - CEO, Movano, Inc.
- Mr. Nelson E. Matthews, Jr. (JR), BSE'85, P'19 – Managing Director & Founder, Tregaron Capital Co.
- Mrs. Stacey Willits McConnell, T’77, P’16, P’20 – Chair, Estates Department, Lamb McErlane PC
- Mr. John M. McDonald III, BSE'83, P'17, P’21 - Co-Founder & Senior Managing Director, Hyde Park Capital Partners, LLC
- Mr. Terry Myerson, BSE’92, G’92 – Executive VP & Former Leader of the Windows & Devices Group (WDG)
- Mr. Joseph C. Peterson Jr., BSE’91, P’22 – CEO, Varda Partners
- Dr. Stacy L. Pineles, MD, BSE’00 - Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, Residency Program Director, Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA
- Mr. Scott C. Raney, E’91 – Managing Director, Redpoint Ventures
- Mr. Steven C. Rosner (Steve), BSE'83, P'18 – Retired Managing Director and Partner, L.E.K. Consulting
- Mr. Joseph A. Saldutti Jr., B.S.E.E.’88, P’20 – Managing Director, Gridiron Capital
- Mr. Michael Salvino (Mike), P’20 – Chairman, President and CEO, DXC Technology
- Mr. John A. Sartor, E’92 - President & CEO, Paulus, Sokolowski & Sartor, LLC
- Mr. Eric J. Schiffer, BME’83, P’24 – Venture Capitalist, Real Estate Developer & Business Advisor & Managing Partner, Gratitude Ventures
- Mrs. Valerie N. Schimel, T’00 – Founder/CEO, Munchkin Fun; President, Al & Jane Nahmad Family Foundation
- Mr. Barry E. Schneirov, BSE’85, P’17 – Vice President, Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Mr. Robert L. Seelig, E’90, B’91 – EVP & General Counsel, White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd.
- Mr. Joshua Brant Skudlarick, BSE’96 – Director, Construction Management, ArcLight Capital Partners
- Mr. Armando A. Tabernilla, BSE’81, P’19 – VP & General Counsel, Florida Crystals Corporation
- Mr. Scott E. Telesz, BSE'89 – Operating Partner, Global Infrastructure Partners
- Mr. Alan L. Whitehurst, BSE'94, L'97, G'97 – Principal and Trial Lawyer, McKool Smith
- Ms. Denise A. Williams, BSE'87 - Senior Vice President, General Manager & Global Commercial Leader, General Medicine & Women's Health, Merck
- Ms. Kathleen M. Williams (Kate), T'80, P'12 – Retired, Strategy Consulting, Grant Committee Chair, Rancho Santa Fe Women's Fund; Social Enterprise Chair, Harvard Business School Alumni Club of San Diego
- Mr. Nicholas Zaldastani (Nick), BSE'79, P'18, P'20 - BrainTap Technologies
- Mr. Michael J. Bingle (Mike), BSE'94 - Managing Partner, Silver Lake Group
- Mr. Dan Dickinson, BSE’83, P’15, P’19 - Co-Founder and Managing Partner, HCI Equity Partners
- Ms. Suzanne M. Gregory (Sue), BSE'87, P'18 – Retired Executive Director, Office of General Counsel, Merck & Company, Inc.
- Mr. George N. Mattson II, BSE'87, P'16 – Investor, Manalapan Capital
- Mr. Thomas A. Natelli (Tom), BSE'82, P'10 - President & CEO, Natelli Communities
- Mrs. Janis J. Rehlaender, BSE'77, P'07, P'09, P'12 - Retired Director of Corporate Planning, Baxter International; Chairman, Darien, Conn., Board of Education
Updated April 19, 2023