Why Choose Duke Engineering?
When you choose Duke Engineering for your graduate studies, you can enjoy advantages such as:
- An energetic and richly interdisciplinary research environment—with an engineering faculty ranked among the top 15 in the nation for scholarly productivity, seven major externally funded research centers, total research funding that has doubled over the past decade, and extensive collaborations across the highly regarded Duke University, Duke University Medical Center, and Research Triangle Park
- A highly entrepreneurial culture, with an engineering-based Office of Entrepreneurial Ventures, offerings like the Duke Innovation & Entrepreneurship Initiative, the DUhatch student business incubator, and Duke Start-Up Challenge, and a strong record of faculty, student and alumni start-up successes
- PhD Plus, an innovative professional development program offering summer workshops, seminars, networking opportunities, and internship resources to position Duke PhD students for career success
- A welcoming and close-knit community of peers and mentors—both at Pratt and across Duke
- A terrific location in Durham, North Carolina, one of America’s most-accoladed cities—plus a lower cost of living compared to other metropolitan areas
How to Apply
Learn how the application process works and get tips on how to apply to Duke Engineering for graduate school.