Child Care

Duke Partnership Child Care Centers offer priority placement to Duke students, faculty and staff. Partnership Centers must maintain a four or five star license and be in good standing with the North Carolina and Child Care Services Association.

Use this map to find the nearest child care center to where you will be living.


Spouses of graduate students and employees can get a Duke ID card which allows access to residence halls, academic buildings, recreational facilities, athletic events and parking gates. Spouses of undergraduate students are not eligible.

The Duke International House welcomes all relocating spouses and partners, both International and U.S., male or female, to their support network which includes a mailing list and events.


On campus housing does not allow pets except for fish. If you have pets you need to bring, be sure to find off campus housing that allows them. Dogs can be walked on a leash on campus. Durham does have dog parks and there are many great hiking trails nearby.