You are here
Dukeland: The First-Year Experience Competition
In the Dukeland game, student teams earn points when members take action—especially actions known to promote student success.
Students get to know each other while they learn amazing things about Duke and the Pratt School of Engineering along the way.
Plus, there are prizes!
First-year students are divided into teams, based on their 360 Coach and E‐Team Peer Advisor. Watch for leaderboard updates in the weekly E-Team email.
By attending events and visiting student resources
Attend scheduled events:
Listed in the weekly E-Team email
Highlighted in "This Week @ Pratt" and “The Short List” e-mails
Hosted by your 360 Coach and E-Team Peer Advisor
Visit these student resources:
- Academic Resource Center: Learning consultations, tutoring, SAGE learning communities, Study Connect, workshops and presentations
- Career Advising Drop-in Hours: Get feedback on your resume and answers to career questions; learn about the Career Center. 10 to 15 minutes:
- Tuesdays, 4-6 p.m.—FSL Conference Room, Bryan Center
- Thursdays, 11 am-1 p.m.—FSL Conference Room, Bryan Center
- "Quick Question" Fridays, 1-3 p.m.—Register in Handshake
- Co-Lab Roots Program: Classes in on hands-on tech topics, from web design to programming to fabrication
- Duke Create: Free, hands-on workshops help Duke students develop creative skills
- FLUNCH: Take a faculty member to lunch—Duke pays!
- Student Organization Interest Meeting: Learn more about a Pratt student organization
- Student Wellness Center: Participate in a “moment of mindfulness”
Report your attendance to score points for your team
Have a question? Email email@example.com