Thomas Lord Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Professor in the Thomas Lord Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Computational mechanics, finite element methods, computational inverse problems and their applications in engineering and biomedicine, scientific computing, computational acoustics and acoustics-structure interaction, coupled chemo-mechanics (e.g., electrochemistry-mechanics).
Wilkins Aquino obtained a BSCE from Purdue University, and a MS and PhD in Civil Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Before joining the Duke Faculty, he was an associate professor in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Cornell University. He was also a member of the fields of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics and Applied Mathematics at Cornell.
Prof. Aquino has broad interests in computational mechanics, including finite element methods, computational inverse problems, uncertainty quantification, coupled chemo-mechanics, and computational acoustics, among others.
- Ph.D. University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2002
- Professor in the Thomas Lord Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Professor in Head & Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Professor of Mathematics
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2012
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2007
- ME 490: Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering