Thomas Lord Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Experimental and theoretical research coupling physicochemical hydrodynamics with interfacial engineering
Chuan-Hua Chen's research interests lie in experimental and theoretical investigations of small-scale physicochemical hydrodynamics, where transport and interfacial phenomena closely interact with each other.
By manipulating surface tension actively and passively, e.g. using electric fields and surface structures, we are developing innovative solutions for applications ranging from bioanalytical assays to microelectronics cooling.
- Ph.D. Stanford University, 2004
- Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2009
- ME 336L: Fluid Mechanics
- ME 431L: Heat and Mass Transfer
- ME 631: Intermediate Fluid Mechanics