Life at Duke
Our students work in a supportive, close-knit community of researchers and scholars, but we know there is more to life than work. On the pages in this section you'll find a wealth of information to help you make the decision to come to Duke and live in Durham, North Carolina. This is a great place to work, dine, explore the outdoors and personal hobbies, enjoy the arts, and raise a family.
Explore answers to common questions about:
- Housing for grads and dining on campus
- Medical care & safety at Duke
- Transportation in the area & parking on campus
- Information for grads with families
- Things to do in Durham and the Triangle region
Do Durham is a 2-minute video offering insight into the vibrant community that surrounds Duke, which is comprised of an unbeatable combination of Southern hospitality, urban energy, cultural tradition, and commercial, academic and scientific innovation.