You are here
Walter Neal Simmons
Gendell Family Associate Professor of the Practice
Appointments and Affiliations
- Gendell Family Associate Professor of the Practice
- Professor of the Practice in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: 144 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5297
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2001
- B.S.E. Bucknell University, 1998
- EGR 95FS: First Year seminar in Focus
- EGR 121L: Engineering Innovation
- EGR 190: Special Topics in Engineering
- ENRGYEGR 490: Special Topics in Energy Engineering
- ME 421L: Mechanical Design
- ME 424L: Mechanical Systems Design
- ME 490: Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 491: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- Carlos, EC; Li, J; Young, BJ; Radvak, D; Wollin, DA; Winship, BB; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Let's Get to the Point: Comparing Insertion Characteristics and Scope Damage of Flat-Tip and Ball-Tip Holmium Laser Fibers., Journal of Endourology (2018) [10.1089/end.2018.0229] [abs].
- Wollin, DA; Tom, WR; Jiang, R; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, An in vitro evaluation of laser settings and location in the efficiency of the popcorn effect., Urolithiasis (2018) [10.1007/s00240-018-1066-6] [abs].
- Carlos, EC; Wollin, DA; Winship, BB; Jiang, R; Radvak, D; Chew, BH; Gustafson, MR; Simmons, WN; Zhong, P; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, In Vitro Comparison of a Novel Single Probe Dual-Energy Lithotripter to Current Devices., Journal of Endourology (2018) [10.1089/end.2018.0143] [abs].
- Wollin, DA; Carlos, EC; Tom, WR; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Effect of Laser Settings and Irrigation Rates on Ureteral Temperature During Holmium Laser Lithotripsy, an In Vitro Model., Journal of Endourology, vol 32 no. 1 (2018), pp. 59-63 [10.1089/end.2017.0658] [abs].
- Tom, WR; Wollin, DA; Jiang, R; Radvak, D; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Next-Generation Single-Use Ureteroscopes: An In Vitro Comparison., Journal of Endourology, vol 31 no. 12 (2017), pp. 1301-1306 [10.1089/end.2017.0447] [abs].