You are here
Rhodes Family Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Vahid Tarokh’s research is in pursuing new formulations and approaches to getting the most out of datasets.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Rhodes Family Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: 130 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-7594
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundations of AI, Foundations of Signal Processing, Learning Representations, Transfer Learning, Meta-Learning, Physics Infused Learning, Extreme Value Theory, Dependence Modeling, Hypothesis Testing, Sequential Analysis.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Member. National Academy of Engineering. 2019
- COMPSCI 590: Advanced Topics in Computer Science
- COMPSCI 675D: Introduction to Deep Learning
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 493: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 685D: Introduction to Deep Learning
- ECE 891: Internship
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- MATH 493: Research Independent Study
- Lin, J; Hasan, M; Acar, P; Blanchet, J; Tarokh, V, Neural network accelerated process design of polycrystalline microstructures, Materials Today Communications, vol 36 (2023) [10.1016/j.mtcomm.2023.106884] [abs].
- Soloveychik, I; Tarokh, V, Region selection in Markov random fields: Gaussian case, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, vol 196 (2023) [10.1016/j.jmva.2023.105178] [abs].
- Peng, R; Dong, J; Malof, J; Padilla, WJ; Tarokh, V, Deep Generalized Green's Functions (2023) [abs].
- Hasan, A; Chen, Y; Ng, Y; Abdelghani, M; Schneider, A; Tarokh, V, Inference and Sampling of Point Processes from Diffusion Excursions (2023) [abs].
- Le, CP; Dong, J; Aloui, A; Tarokh, V, Mode-Aware Continual Learning for Conditional Generative Adversarial
Networks (2023) [abs].