You are here
Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery
- Member of the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Harvard University , 2015
Machine learning, computer vision, neurobiology, animal behavior, computational neuroscience, prognostic modeling, traumatic brain injury
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Technological Innovations in Neuroscience Award. McKnight Foundation. 2021
- Peer Recognition Honor. Duke, Pratt School of Engineering. 2020
- Certificate of Distinction in Teaching. Harvard University . 2017
- Certificate of Excellence in Teaching. Harvard University. 2017
- AI Watson XPrize Finalist (with team DataKind). IBM. 2017
- Certificate of Distinction in Teaching. Harvard University . 2013
- Graduate Research Fellowship. National Science Foundation . 2010
- I.L. Chaikoff Award for Undergraduate Research. UC Berkeley . 2008
- MCB Department Citation (Best in Class). UC Berkeley. 2008
- AIPI 591: Special Readings in AI for Product Innovation
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 792: Continuation of Graduate Independent Study
In the News
- Bass Connections Team Aims for Global Health Change (Jan 20, 2023 | Bass Connections)
- Welcome the Pratt School New Faculty (Oct 26, 2021 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Timothy Dunn: Tracking Movement to Decipher Brain Activity (Jun 22, 2021 | Duke Engineering News)
- Learning to DANNCE (Apr 23, 2021 | Duke AI Health)
- Tim Dunn - The DANNCE Study (Apr 19, 2021 | Duke Forge)
- Neural Circuits at the Brain Scale (Nov 8, 2016 | Harvard MCB News)
- Calculating Time to Collision (Feb 3, 2016 | Harvard MCB News)
- Li, T; Severson, KS; Wang, F; Dunn, TW, Improved 3D Markerless Mouse Pose Estimation Using Temporal Semi-supervision, International Journal of Computer Vision (2023) [10.1007/s11263-023-01756-3] [abs].
- Thomson, EE; Harfouche, M; Kim, K; Konda, PC; Seitz, CW; Cooke, C; Xu, S; Jacobs, WS; Blazing, R; Chen, Y; Sharma, S; Dunn, TW; Park, J; Horstmeyer, RW; Naumann, EA, Gigapixel imaging with a novel multi-camera array microscope., Elife, vol 11 (2022) [10.7554/elife.74988] [abs].
- Adil, SM; Charalambous, LT; Rajkumar, S; Seas, A; Warman, PI; Murphy, KR; Rahimpour, S; Parente, B; Dharmapurikar, R; Dunn, TW; Lad, SP, Machine Learning to Predict Successful Opioid Dose Reduction or Stabilization After Spinal Cord Stimulation., Neurosurgery, vol 91 no. 2 (2022), pp. 272-279 [10.1227/neu.0000000000001969] [abs].
- Adil, SM; Elahi, C; Patel, DN; Seas, A; Warman, PI; Fuller, AT; Haglund, MM; Dunn, TW, Deep Learning to Predict Traumatic Brain Injury Outcomes in the Low-Resource Setting., World Neurosurg, vol 164 (2022), pp. e8-e16 [10.1016/j.wneu.2022.02.097] [abs].
- Kirsch, EP; Suarez, A; McDaniel, KE; Dharmapurikar, R; Dunn, T; Lad, SP; Haglund, MM, Construct validity of the Surgical Autonomy Program for the training of neurosurgical residents., Neurosurgical Focus, vol 53 no. 2 (2022) [10.3171/2022.5.FOCUS22166] [abs].