You are here
Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor in Neurosurgery
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Harvard University , 2015
Machine learning, computer vision, neurobiology, animal behavior, computational neuroscience, prognostic modeling, traumatic brain injury
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Technological Innovations in Neuroscience Award. McKnight Foundation. 2021
- Peer Recognition Honor. Duke, Pratt School of Engineering. 2020
- Certificate of Distinction in Teaching. Harvard University . 2017
- Certificate of Excellence in Teaching. Harvard University. 2017
- AI Watson XPrize Finalist (with team DataKind). IBM. 2017
- Certificate of Distinction in Teaching. Harvard University . 2013
- Graduate Research Fellowship. National Science Foundation . 2010
- I.L. Chaikoff Award for Undergraduate Research. UC Berkeley . 2008
- MCB Department Citation (Best in Class). UC Berkeley. 2008
- AIPI 591: Special Readings in AI for Product Innovation
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 792: Continuation of Graduate Independent Study
In the News
- Welcome the Pratt School New Faculty (Oct 26, 2021 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Timothy Dunn: Tracking Movement to Decipher Brain Activity (Jun 22, 2021 | Duke Engineering News)
- Learning to DANNCE (Apr 23, 2021 | Duke AI Health)
- Tim Dunn - The DANNCE Study (Apr 19, 2021 | Duke Forge)
- Neural Circuits at the Brain Scale (Nov 8, 2016 | Harvard MCB News)
- Calculating Time to Collision (Feb 3, 2016 | Harvard MCB News)
- Adil, SM; Charalambous, LT; Rajkumar, S; Seas, A; Warman, PI; Murphy, KR; Rahimpour, S; Parente, B; Dharmapurikar, R; Dunn, TW; Lad, SP, Machine Learning to Predict Successful Opioid Dose Reduction or Stabilization After Spinal Cord Stimulation., Neurosurgery, vol 91 no. 2 (2022), pp. 272-279 [10.1227/neu.0000000000001969] [abs].
- Adil, SM; Elahi, C; Patel, DN; Seas, A; Warman, PI; Fuller, AT; Haglund, MM; Dunn, TW, Deep Learning to Predict Traumatic Brain Injury Outcomes in the Low-Resource Setting., World Neurosurg, vol 164 (2022), pp. e8-e16 [10.1016/j.wneu.2022.02.097] [abs].
- Kirsch, EP; Suarez, A; McDaniel, KE; Dharmapurikar, R; Dunn, T; Lad, SP; Haglund, MM, Construct validity of the Surgical Autonomy Program for the training of neurosurgical residents., Neurosurgical Focus, vol 53 no. 2 (2022) [10.3171/2022.5.FOCUS22166] [abs].
- Satyadev, N; Warman, PI; Seas, A; Kolls, BJ; Haglund, MM; Fuller, AT; Dunn, TW, Machine Learning for Predicting Discharge Disposition After Traumatic Brain Injury., Neurosurgery, vol 90 no. 6 (2022), pp. 768-774 [10.1227/neu.0000000000001911] [abs].
- Warman, PI; Seas, A; Satyadev, N; Adil, SM; Kolls, BJ; Haglund, MM; Dunn, TW; Fuller, AT, Machine Learning for Predicting In-Hospital Mortality After Traumatic Brain Injury in Both High-Income and Low- and Middle-Income Countries., Neurosurgery, vol 90 no. 5 (2022), pp. 605-612 [10.1227/neu.0000000000001898] [abs].