You are here
Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Roy's work focuses on developing hardware for artificial intelligence applications using novel functional materials including two-dimensional materials. By modeling computer architecture after the basic structure of synapses and neurons, hardware can be manufactured to be better adapted to pattern recognition algorithms. She also focuses on high-power electronics made with gallium nitride and other wide bandgap semiconductors. She is currently working on investigating the defects produced by ionizing radiation in GaN devices. She is particularly interested in studying the reliability of emerging devices and materials systems using electrical characterization techniques.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: 101 Science Drive, 3469 Fitzpatrick CIEMAS, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-4215
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Vanderbilt University, 2008
Wide bandgap materials
High power electronics
Radiation effects and reliability
- ECE 526: Semiconductor Devices for Integrated Circuits
In the News
- Tania Roy: Building High-Energy Space Electronics and Brain-Like AI Hardware (Nov 20, 2022 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Tania Roy: Building High-Energy Space Electronics and Brain-Like AI Hardware (Jun 21, 2022 | Duke Engineering News)
- Krishnaprasad, A; Dev, D; Shawkat, MS; Martinez-Martinez, R; Islam, MM; Chung, HS; Bae, TS; Jung, Y; Roy, T, Graphene/MoS2/SiOx memristive synapses for linear weight update, Npj 2d Materials and Applications, vol 7 no. 1 (2023) [10.1038/s41699-023-00388-y] [abs].
- Yoo, C; Ko, TJ; Kaium, MG; Martinez, R; Islam, MM; Li, H; Kim, JH; Cao, J; Acharya, M; Roy, T; Jung, Y, A minireview on 2D materials-enabled optoelectronic artificial synaptic devices, Apl Materials, vol 10 no. 7 (2022) [10.1063/5.0096053] [abs].
- Islam, MM; Krishnaprasad, A; Dev, D; Martinez-Martinez, R; Okonkwo, V; Wu, B; Han, SS; Bae, T-S; Chung, H-S; Touma, J; Jung, Y; Roy, T, Multiwavelength Optoelectronic Synapse with 2D Materials for Mixed-Color Pattern Recognition., Acs Nano, vol 16 no. 7 (2022), pp. 10188-10198 [10.1021/acsnano.2c01035] [abs].
- Martinez-Martinez, R; Islam, MM; Krishnaprasad, A; Roy, T, Graphene-oxide interface for optoelectronic synapse application., Scientific Reports, vol 12 no. 1 (2022) [10.1038/s41598-022-09873-8] [abs].
- Krishnaprasad, A; Dev, D; Han, SS; Shen, Y; Chung, H-S; Bae, T-S; Yoo, C; Jung, Y; Lanza, M; Roy, T, MoS2 Synapses with Ultra-low Variability and Their Implementation in Boolean Logic., Acs Nano, vol 16 no. 2 (2022), pp. 2866-2876 [10.1021/acsnano.1c09904] [abs].