You are here
Stacy L. Tantum
Associate Professor of the Practice in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Stacy Tantum received the B.S.E.E. degree in Electrical Engineering and Economics from Tufts University, Medford, MA, in 1994, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering, both from Duke University, Durham, NC, in 1996 and 1998, respectively. She was a Summer Research Assistant at SACLANT Undersea Research Center in La Spezia, Italy in 1996.
Her current research interests include statistical signal processing with application to remote sensing and ocean acoustics.
Dr. Tantum is a member of the Tau Beta Pi, Eta Kappa Nu, and Sigma Xi honor societies.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of the Practice in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: 3579 Fitzpatrick CIEMAS, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5239
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 1998
- M.S. Duke University, 1996
- B.S.E.E. Tufts University, 1994
Signal detection and estimation theory, statistical signal processing, pattern recognition and machine learning, remote sensing, matched-field processing, and ocean acoustics
- ECE 110L9: Fundamentals of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Lab
- ECE 110L: Fundamentals of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 392: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 480: Applied Probability for Statistical Learning
- ECE 580: Introduction to Machine Learning
- EGR 101L: Engineering Design and Communication
- EGR 238L: Fundamentals of Data Analysis and Decision Science
- MATH 238L: Fundamentals of Data Analysis and Decision Science
In the News
- KEEN Teaching: Duke Engineering Faculty Engage with National Education Network (Dec 2, 2021 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Ethical Algorithms (Oct 10, 2019 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- A new engineering course teaches students to leverage statistical analysis to glean useful insights from complex, real-world datasets (Mar 28, 2018 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Tantum, S; Santillan, ST; Temiquel-McMillian, L; Ganley, J, WIP - 360 Coaching to Support Whole-Student Advising in the First-Year, Asee Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings (2022) [abs].
- Cunningham, P; Matusovich, HM; Carrico, C; Ellestad, RMC; Tantum, S; Santillan, ST; Simmons, R, Supporting Students' Skillful Learning: Lessons Learned from a Faculty Development Workshop, Asee Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings (2021) [abs].
- Czarnek, N; Morton, K; Collins, L; Tantum, S; Throckmorton, C, The impact of time on seizure prediction performance in the FSPEEG database., Epilepsy & Behavior : E&B, vol 48 (2015), pp. 79-82 [10.1016/j.yebeh.2015.04.058] [abs].
- Knox, M; Tantum, S; Collins, L, Target detection and identification using synthetic aperture acoustics, Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 9072 (2014) [10.1117/12.2050390] [abs].
- Tantum, SL; Colwell, KA; Scott, WR; Torrione, PA; Collins, LM; Morton, KD, Sparse model inversion and processing of spatial frequency-domain electromagnetic induction sensor array data for improved landmine discrimination, Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 8709 (2013) [10.1117/12.2016063] [abs].