You are here
Michael D Lynch
Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Faculty Fellow in The Energy Initiative
- Associate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society
- M.D. University of Colorado School of Medicine, 2007
- Ph.D. University of Colorado at Boulder, 2005
Research InterestsFocused on genetically engineering microbes to shut off their growth circuits and turn on new pathways to produce different compounds—improving production of biofuels, pharmacological molecules and industrial chemicals.
- BME 490L: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering Design (DR)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 590L: Special Topics with Lab
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ISS 293: ISS Research Independent Study
- ISS 391: Bass Connections in Information Science and Culture: Independent Study Project
- ISS 795: Connections in Information, Society and Culture: Project
In the News
- Duke Biomanufacturing Technology Licensed by Spinoff Company DMC (Jun 2, 2016)
- Michael Lynch: Bending Microbial Metabolisms to Generate New Chemicals (Nov 5, 2014 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Menacho-Melgar, R; Decker, JS; Hennigan, JN; Lynch, MD, A review of lipidation in the development of advanced protein and peptide therapeutics., Journal of Controlled Release : Official Journal of the Controlled Release Society, vol 295 (2018), pp. 1-12 [10.1016/j.jconrel.2018.12.032] [abs].
- Moreb, EA; Hoover, B; Yaseen, A; Valyasevi, N; Roecker, Z; Menacho-Melgar, R; Lynch, MD, Managing the SOS Response for Enhanced CRISPR-Cas-Based Recombineering in E. coli through Transient Inhibition of Host RecA Activity., Acs Synthetic Biology, vol 6 no. 12 (2017), pp. 2209-2218 [10.1021/acssynbio.7b00174] [abs].
- , Large-scale bioprocess competitiveness: the potential of dynamic metabolic control in two-stage fermentations, Current Opinion in Chemical Engineering, vol 14 (2016), pp. 121-136 [10.1016/j.coche.2016.09.008] [abs].
- Lynch, MD, Into new territory: improved microbial synthesis through engineering of the essential metabolic network., Current Opinion in Biotechnology, vol 38 (2016), pp. 106-111 [10.1016/j.copbio.2016.01.009] [abs].
- , A rational microbial design perspective in the design build test era, Metabolic Engineering X (2014), pp. 505-528 [abs].