You are here
Michael D Lynch
Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Faculty Fellow in The Energy Initiative
- Associate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society
- M.D. University of Colorado School of Medicine, 2007
- Ph.D. University of Colorado - Boulder, 2005
Focused on genetically engineering microbes to shut off their growth circuits and turn on new pathways to produce different compounds—improving production of biofuels, pharmacological molecules and industrial chemicals.
- BME 490L: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering Design (DR)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590D: Special Topics with Discussion
- BME 590L: Special Topics with Lab
- BME 703S: Engineering Management Seminar for Master of Science Students
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 792: Continuation of Graduate Independent Study
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ISS 293: ISS Research Independent Study
- ISS 391: Bass Connections in Information Science and Culture: Independent Study Project
- ISS 795: Connections in Information, Society and Culture: Project
In the News
- Duke Biomanufacturing Technology Licensed by Spinoff Company DMC (Jun 2, 2016)
- Michael Lynch: Bending Microbial Metabolisms to Generate New Chemicals (Nov 5, 2014 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Menacho-Melgar, R; Moreb, EA; Efromson, JP; Yang, T; Hennigan, JN; Wang, R; Lynch, MD, Improved two-stage protein expression and purification via autoinduction of both autolysis and auto DNA/RNA hydrolysis conferred by phage lysozyme and DNA/RNA endonuclease., Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol 117 no. 9 (2020), pp. 2852-2860 [10.1002/bit.27444] [abs].
- Decker, JS; Menacho-Melgar, R; Lynch, MD, Low-Cost, Large-Scale Production of the Anti-viral Lectin Griffithsin, Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, vol 8 (2020) [10.3389/fbioe.2020.01020] [abs].
- Li, S; Moreb, E; Ye, Z; Hennigan, J; Castellanos, DB; Yang, T; Lynch, M, Dynamic control over feedback regulatory mechanisms improves NADPH fluxes and xylitol biosynthesis in engineered E. coli (2020) [10.1101/2020.07.27.222588] [abs].
- Ye, Z; Lebeau, J; Moreb, E; Menacho-Melgar, R; Lynch, M, The E. coli Cas1/2 endonuclease complex reduces CRISPR/Cascade guide array stability (2020) [10.1101/2020.07.27.223214] [abs].
- Li, S; Ye, Z; Lebeau, J; Moreb, E; Lynch, M, Dynamic control over feedback regulation identifies pyruvate-ferredoxin oxidoreductase as a central metabolic enzyme in stationary phase E. coli (2020) [10.1101/2020.07.26.219949] [abs].