You are here
Michael D Lynch
Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- Faculty Fellow in The Energy Initiative
- Associate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society
- M.D. University of Colorado School of Medicine, 2007
- Ph.D. University of Colorado - Boulder, 2005
Focused on genetically engineering microbes to shut off their growth circuits and turn on new pathways to produce different compounds—improving production of biofuels, pharmacological molecules and industrial chemicals.
- BME 490L: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering Design (DR)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590D: Special Topics with Discussion
- BME 590L: Special Topics with Lab
- BME 703S: Engineering Management Seminar for Master of Science Students
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 792: Continuation of Graduate Independent Study
- ISS 293: ISS Research Independent Study
In the News
- Duke Biomanufacturing Technology Licensed by Spinoff Company DMC (Jun 2, 2016)
- Michael Lynch: Bending Microbial Metabolisms to Generate New Chemicals (Nov 5, 2014 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Menacho-Melgar, R; Hennigan, JN; Lynch, MD, Optimization of phosphate-limited autoinduction broth for two-stage heterologous protein expression in Escherichia coli., Biotechniques (2021) [10.2144/btn-2021-0055] [abs].
- Moreb, EA; Lynch, MD, Genome dependent Cas9/gRNA search time underlies sequence dependent gRNA activity., Nature Communications, vol 12 no. 1 (2021) [10.1038/s41467-021-25339-3] [abs].
- Rios, J; Lebeau, J; Yang, T; Li, S; Lynch, MD, A critical review on the progress and challenges to a more sustainable, cost competitive synthesis of adipic acid, Green Chem., vol 23 no. 9 (2021), pp. 3172-3190 [10.1039/d1gc00638j] [abs].
- Lynch, MD, The bioprocess TEA calculator: An online technoeconomic analysis tool to evaluate the commercial competitiveness of potential bioprocesses., Metabolic Engineering, vol 65 (2021), pp. 42-51 [10.1016/j.ymben.2021.03.004] [abs].
- Efromson, JP; Li, S; Lynch, MD, BioSamplr: An open source, low cost automated sampling system for bioreactors, Hardwarex, vol 9 (2021) [10.1016/j.ohx.2021.e00177] [abs].