You are here
Michael D Lynch
Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Faculty Fellow in The Energy Initiative
- Associate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society
- M.D. University of Colorado School of Medicine, 2007
- Ph.D. University of Colorado, Boulder, 2005
Focused on genetically engineering microbes to shut off their growth circuits and turn on new pathways to produce different compounds—improving production of biofuels, pharmacological molecules and industrial chemicals.
- BME 490L: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering Design (DR)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590L: Special Topics with Lab
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 792: Continuation of Graduate Independent Study
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- ISS 293: ISS Research Independent Study
- ISS 391: Bass Connections in Information Science and Culture: Independent Study Project
- ISS 795: Connections in Information, Society and Culture: Project
In the News
- Duke Biomanufacturing Technology Licensed by Spinoff Company DMC (Jun 2, 2016)
- Michael Lynch: Bending Microbial Metabolisms to Generate New Chemicals (Nov 5, 2014 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Moreb, EA; Ye, Z; Efromson, JP; Hennigan, JN; Menacho-Melgar, R; Lynch, MD, Media Robustness and Scalability of Phosphate Regulated Promoters Useful for Two-Stage Autoinduction in E. coli., Acs Synthetic Biology, vol 9 no. 6 (2020), pp. 1483-1486 [10.1021/acssynbio.0c00182] [abs].
- Menacho-Melgar, R; Moreb, EA; Efromson, JP; Yang, T; Hennigan, JN; Wang, R; Lynch, MD, Improved two-stage protein expression and purification via autoinduction of both autolysis and auto DNA/RNA hydrolysis conferred by phage lysozyme and DNA/RNA endonuclease., Biotechnology and Bioengineering (2020) [10.1002/bit.27444] [abs].
- Moreb, E; Ye, Z; Efromson, J; Hennigan, J; Menacho-Melgar, R; Lynch, M, Robustness testing and scalability of phosphate regulated promoters useful for two-stage autoinduction in E. coli (2020) [10.1101/2020.01.26.920280] [abs].
- Lebeau, J; Efromson, JP; Lynch, MD, A Review of the Biotechnological Production of Methacrylic Acid., Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, vol 8 (2020) [10.3389/fbioe.2020.00207] [abs].
- Menacho-Melgar, R; Ye, Z; Moreb, E; Yang, T; Efromson, J; Decker, J; Lynch, M, Improved, scalable, two-stage, autoinduction of recombinant protein expression in E. coli utilizing phosphate depletion (2019) [10.1101/820787] [abs].