You are here
Michael Eric Gehm
Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: CIEMAS 3463, Fitzpatrick Center, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5544
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2003
- M.S. Duke University, 1998
- B.S. Washington University, 1992
Primarily computational and compressive sensing and measurement in all modalities (with special emphasis in Electromagnetic/Optical from RF to x-ray and all forms of Mass spectrometry), with side interests in optical physics, high-performance x-ray simulation, and rapid-prototyping as a means of creating advanced electromagnetic structures
- BME 609: Optics and Photonics Seminar Series
- ECE 270L: Introduction to Electromagnetic Fields
- ECE 391: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 549: Optics and Photonics Seminar Series
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 891: Internship
- PHYSICS 549: Optics and Photonics Seminar Series
- Amsden, JJ; Herr, PJ; Landry, DMW; Kim, W; Vyas, R; Parker, CB; Kirley, MP; Keil, AD; Gilchrist, KH; Radauscher, EJ; Hall, SD; Carlson, JB; Baldasaro, N; Stokes, D; Di Dona, ST; Russell, ZE; Grego, S; Edwards, SJ; Sperline, RP; Denton, MB; Stoner, BR; Gehm, ME; Glass, JT, Proof of Concept Coded Aperture Miniature Mass Spectrometer Using a Cycloidal Sector Mass Analyzer, a Carbon Nanotube (CNT) Field Emission Electron Ionization Source, and an Array Detector., Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, vol 29 no. 2 (2018), pp. 360-372 [10.1007/s13361-017-1820-y] [abs].
- Stevens, A; Luzi, L; Yang, H; Kovarik, L; Mehdi, BL; Liyu, A; Gehm, ME; Browning, ND, A sub-sampled approach to extremely low-dose STEM, Applied Physics Letters, vol 112 no. 4 (2018), pp. 043104-043104 [10.1063/1.5016192] [abs].
- Rossman, A; Catenacci, M; Li, AM; Sauer, TJ; Solomon, J; Gehm, ME; Wiley, BJ; Samei, E; Lo, JY, 3D printed anthropomorphic physical phantom for mammography and DBT with high contrast custom materials, lesions, and uniform chest wall region, Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging Proceedings of Spie, vol 10573 (2018) [10.1117/12.2294519] [abs].
- Song, J; Vaughn, IJ; Alenin, AS; Gehm, ME; Tyo, JS, Channel-first design of modulated polarimeters, Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 10655 (2018) [10.1117/12.2309847] [abs].
- Coccarelli, D; Greenberg, JA; Thamvichai, R; Voris, J; Masoudi, A; Ashok, A; Gehm, M, An information theoretic approach to system optimization accounting for material variability, Smart Structures and Materials 2005: Active Materials: Behavior and Mechanics, vol 10632 (2018) [10.1117/12.2305227] [abs].