You are here
Professor of Eco-hydrology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Eco-hydrology
- Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Ph.D. University of Padua (Italy), 1997
My research interests include: understanding, through observations and modelling how the interaction between vegetation species and erosion/deposition processes leads to observed intertidal landforms, vegetation patterns, and biodiversity; development of an observational and a modelling understanding of marsh bio-geomorphic structures responses to changes in surface temperature and CO2 concentration; understanding and modelling plant root biomass allocation strategies as a function of hydrologic regimes; hydrological extreme events under a changing climate; eco-hydrological study and modelling of mosquito dynamics and responses to hydro-meteorological forcings
- ENVIRON 593: Independent Studies and Projects
- ENVIRON 899: Master's Project
- EOS 393: Research Independent Study
- EOS 710S: Bio-geomorphology: The Biophysical Processes Shaping the Earth's Surface
- EOS 791: Independent Study
In the News
- Coastal Marshes More Resilient to Sea-Level Rise Than Previously Believed (Dec 17, 2015)
- Study Eyes Health Risks Of Drilling And Mining In Peru (Aug 5, 2014)
- Marco Marani comments: Cities prepare for the rising tide (Jan 3, 2014 | CNBC )
- Pivato, M; Carniello, L; Gardner, J; Silvestri, S; Marani, M, Water and sediment temperature dynamics in shallow tidal environments: The role of the heat flux at the sediment-water interface, Advances in Water Resources, vol 113 (2018), pp. 126-140 [10.1016/j.advwatres.2018.01.009] [abs].
- Finotello, A; Lanzoni, S; Ghinassi, M; Marani, M; Rinaldo, A; D'Alpaos, A, Field migration rates of tidal meanders recapitulate fluvial morphodynamics., Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of USA, vol 115 no. 7 (2018), pp. 1463-1468 [10.1073/pnas.1711330115] [abs].
- D’Alpaos, A; Ghinassi, M; Finotello, A; Brivio, L; Bellucci, LG; Marani, M, Tidal meander migration and dynamics: A case study from the Venice Lagoon, Marine and Petroleum Geology, vol 87 (2017), pp. 80-90 [10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2017.04.012] [abs].
- Manoli, G; Huang, C-W; Bonetti, S; Domec, J-C; Marani, M; Katul, G, Competition for light and water in a coupled soil-plant system, Advances in Water Resources, vol 108 (2017), pp. 216-230 [10.1016/j.advwatres.2017.08.004] [abs].
- Zhou, X; Marani, M; Albertson, J; Silvestri, S, Hyperspectral and Multispectral Retrieval of Suspended Sediment in Shallow Coastal Waters Using Semi-Analytical and Empirical Methods, Remote Sensing, vol 9 no. 4 (2017), pp. 393-393 [10.3390/rs9040393] [abs].