You are here
Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Manolis Veveakis earned a Ph.D. in 2010 from the Department of Mechanics of the National Technical University of Athens, Greece. Before joining Duke University, he was a Senior Lecturer at UNSW's School of Petroleum Engineering since 2014 and a Research Scientist in CSIRO's Division of Earth Sciences and Resource Engineering before that. Veveakis holds a Diploma (BSc+MEng) in Applied Mathematics and Physics (MEng in Materials Engineering), an MSc in Applied Mechanics and a PhD in Geomechanics.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. National Technical University of Athens (Greece), 2010
Geomechanics, theoretical and applied mechanics, and thermodynamics, with emphasis in multiphysical modelling of plasticity of solids, solid-fluid interactions, friction laws and rheology of geomaterials
- CEE 302L: Introduction to Soil Mechanics
- CEE 493: Research Independent Study in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- CEE 494: Research Independent Study in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- CEE 520: Continuum Mechanics
- CEE 690: Advanced Topics in Civil and Environmental Engineering
In the News
- Observing the Unobservable: Models Predict the Mechanical Origins of Earthquakes (Jan 17, 2020 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Rattez, H; Veveakis, M, Weak phases production and heat generation control fault friction during seismic slip., Nature Communications, vol 11 no. 1 (2020) [10.1038/s41467-019-14252-5] [abs].
- Lin, J; Sari, M; Alevizos, S; Veveakis, M; Poulet, T, A heuristic model inversion for coupled thermo-hydro-mechanical modelling of triaxial experiments, Computers and Geotechnics, vol 117 (2020) [10.1016/j.compgeo.2019.103278] [abs].
- Sari, M; Alevizos, S; Poulet, T; Lin, J; Veveakis, M, A visco-plastic framework for interface processes in sedimentary reservoir rocks at HPHT conditions, Geomechanics for Energy and the Environment (2020) [10.1016/j.gete.2019.100165] [abs].
- Lesueur, M; Poulet, T; Veveakis, M, Pressure equilibration induced by reactivation of deep carbonate faults, 5th International Conference on Fault and Top Seals 2019 (2019) [abs].
- Regenauer-Lieb, K; Poulet, T; Veveakis, M; Alevizos, S, The dynamics of multiscale, multiphysics faults: Part I - The long-term behaviour of the lithosphere, Tectonophysics, vol 746 (2018), pp. 648-658 [10.1016/j.tecto.2017.06.011] [abs].