You are here
Gregg E. Trahey
Robert Plonsey Distinguished Professor of Biomedical Engineering
My laboratory develops and evaluates novel ultrasonic imaging methods. Current projects involve high resolutioon imaging of the breast and mechanical characterization of the breast and cardiovascular system. We conduct phantom, animal, ex vivo and in vivo trials. Current clinical trials involve imaging of soft and hard vascular plaques and mecahnical imaging of breast lesions.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Robert Plonsey Distinguished Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor in Radiology
- Bass Fellow
- Office Location: 275 Engineering Annex, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5169
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 1985
- M.S. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1979
- B.S. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1975
Medical ultrasound, image guided surgery, adaptive imaging, imaging of tissue's mechanical properties, and radiation force imaging.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- MERIT Award. National Institutes of Health. 2009
- Fellows. American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. 1999
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 542: Principles of Ultrasound Imaging (GE, IM)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 844: Advanced Ultrasonic Imaging
- BME 848L: Radiology in Practice
- EGR 79S: Thrive
- EGR 393: Research Projects in Engineering
- MEDPHY 738: Radiology in Practice
- Long, W; Bottenus, N; Trahey, GE, Incoherent Clutter Suppression Using Lag-One Coherence., Ieee Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol 67 no. 8 (2020), pp. 1544-1557 [10.1109/tuffc.2020.2977200] [abs].
- Long, J; Long, W; Bottenus, N; Trahey, G, Coherence-based quantification of acoustic clutter sources in medical ultrasound., The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol 148 no. 2 (2020) [10.1121/10.0001790] [abs].
- Morgan, MR; Bottenus, N; Trahey, GE; Walker, WF, Synthetic Aperture Focusing for Multi-Covariate Imaging of Sub-Resolution Targets., Ieee Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol 67 no. 6 (2020), pp. 1166-1177 [10.1109/tuffc.2020.2966116] [abs].
- Huang, O; Long, W; Bottenus, N; Lerendegui, M; Trahey, GE; Farsiu, S; Palmeri, ML, MimickNet, Mimicking Clinical Image Post- Processing Under Black-Box Constraints., Ieee Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol 39 no. 6 (2020), pp. 2277-2286 [10.1109/tmi.2020.2970867] [abs].
- Bottenus, N; Pinton, GF; Trahey, G, The Impact of Acoustic Clutter on Large Array Abdominal Imaging., Ieee Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol 67 no. 4 (2020), pp. 703-714 [10.1109/tuffc.2019.2952797] [abs].