You are here
Gregg E. Trahey
Robert Plonsey Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Robert Plonsey Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor in Radiology
- Bass Fellow
- Office Location: 275 Engineering Annex, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5169
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 1985
- M.S. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1979
- B.S. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1975
Research InterestsMedical ultrasound, image guided surgery, adaptive imaging, imaging of tissue's mechanical properties, and radiation force imaging.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- MERIT Award. National Institutes of Health. 2009
- Fellows. American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. 1999
- BME 354L: Introduction to Medical Instrumentation
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 542: Principles of Ultrasound Imaging (GE, IM)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 844: Advanced Ultrasonic Imaging
- BME 848L: Radiology in Practice
- MEDPHY 738: Radiology in Practice
- Flint, K; Bottenus, N; Long, W; Bradway, D; McNally, P; Ellestad, S; Trahey, G, Implementation and Clinical Evaluation of a Fetal ALARA Ultrasound System, Ieee International Ultrasonics Symposium, Ius, vol 2018-October (2018) [10.1109/ULTSYM.2018.8579734] [abs].
- Caenen, A; Hollender, P; Bottenus, N; Segers, P; Trahey, G; Palmeri, M, Investigating the Degree of Shear Wave Speed Anisotropy as a Function of Studied Ventricular Zone, Ieee International Ultrasonics Symposium, Ius, vol 2018-October (2018) [10.1109/ULTSYM.2018.8580228] [abs].
- Bottenus, N; Long, W; Long, J; Trahey, G, A Real-Time Lag-One Coherence Tool for Adaptive Imagmg, Ieee International Ultrasonics Symposium, Ius, vol 2018-October (2018) [10.1109/ULTSYM.2018.8580071] [abs].
- Long, J; Long, W; Bottenus, N; Pintonl, GF; Trahey, GE, Implications of Lag-One Coherence on Real- Time Adaptive Frequency Selection, Ieee International Ultrasonics Symposium, Ius, vol 2018-October (2018) [10.1109/ULTSYM.2018.8580063] [abs].
- Long, W; Bottenus, N; Trahey, GE, Lag-One Coherence as a Metric for Ultrasonic Image Quality., Ieee Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol 65 no. 10 (2018), pp. 1768-1780 [10.1109/tuffc.2018.2855653] [abs].