You are here
Gregg E. Trahey
Robert Plonsey Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Robert Plonsey Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor in Radiology
- Bass Fellow
- Office Location: 275 Engineering Annex, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5169
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Duke University, 1985
- M.S. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1979
- B.S. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1975
Trahey's research interests include medical ultrasound, image guided surgery, adaptive imaging, imaging of tissue's mechanical properties, and radiation force imaging.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- MERIT Award. National Institutes of Health. 2009
- Fellows. American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. 1999
- BME 354L: Introduction to Medical Instrumentation
- BME 394: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 542: Principles of Ultrasound Imaging (GE, IM)
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- BME 844: Advanced Ultrasonic Imaging
- BME 848L: Radiology in Practice
- MEDPHY 738: Radiology in Practice
- Kakkad, V; LeFevre, M; Roy Choudhury, K; Kisslo, J; Trahey, GE, Effect of Transmit Beamforming on Clutter Levels in Transthoracic Echocardiography., Ultrasonic Imaging, vol 40 no. 4 (2018), pp. 215-231 [10.1177/0161734618770359] [abs].
- Long, W; Hyun, D; Choudhury, KR; Bradway, D; McNally, P; Boyd, B; Ellestad, S; Trahey, GE, Clinical Utility of Fetal Short-Lag Spatial Coherence Imaging., Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, vol 44 no. 4 (2018), pp. 794-806 [10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio.2017.12.006] [abs].
- Bottenus, N; Long, W; Morgan, M; Trahey, G, Evaluation of Large-Aperture Imaging Through the ex Vivo Human Abdominal Wall, Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, vol 44 no. 3 (2018), pp. 687-701 [10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio.2017.10.019] [abs].
- Vejdani-Jahromi, M; Freedman, J; Kim, Y-J; Trahey, GE; Wolf, PD, Assessment of Diastolic Function Using Ultrasound Elastography., Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, vol 44 no. 3 (2018), pp. 551-561 [10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio.2017.11.011] [abs].
- Long, W; Bottenus, N; Trahey, GE, Lag-One Coherence as a Metric for Ultrasonic Image Quality, Ieee Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control (2018), pp. 1-1 [10.1109/TUFFC.2018.2855653] [abs].