You are here
Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Dr. Yuan has extensive experiences in analysis of therapeutic agent transport in mammalian cells, tissues, and organs, and development of effective strategies, design principles, and new technologies that can be used to facilitate the transport. The goal of his research is to improve delivery of therapeutic agents to their targets, which is crucial in treatment and prevention of diseases. He has published >100 scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals, and a textbook on transport analysis in biological systems that has been used to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in many universities.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- Professor in Ophthalmology
- Member of the Duke Cancer Institute
- Office Location: Rm 1385, Fciemas, Duke Univers, Durham, NC 27708-0281
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5411
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. City University of New York, 1990
- M.S. Peking University (China), 1985
- B.S. Peking University (China), 1983
Principles and mechanisms of delivery for drugs, genes, and vaccines; pharmacokinetics; electrotransfer or electroporation technology; and tumor pathophysiology.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Fellow. American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. 2007
- CAREER Award. National Science Foundation. 2000
- SPORE in Breast Cancer Career Development Award. Duke University Medical Center. 1996
- IPM Innovative Instrumentation Award. The Microcirculatory Society. 1994
- IPM Innovative Instrumentation Award. The Microcirculatory Society. 1993
- BME 530: Introduction to Tissue Biomechanics (GE, BB)
- BME 577: Drug Delivery (GE, BB, MC)
- BME 789: Internship in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 791: Graduate Independent Study
- Wang, Y; Chang, C-C; Yuan, F, Copy number of naked DNA delivered into nucleus of mammalian cells by electrotransfection., Bioelectrochemistry (Amsterdam, Netherlands), vol 153 (2023) [10.1016/j.bioelechem.2023.108491] [abs].
- Wu, F; Wang, H; Sun, C; Yuan, F; Xie, Z; Mikhaylov, R; Wu, Z; Shen, M; Yang, J; Evans, W; Fu, Y; Tian, L; Yang, X, Power-controlled acoustofluidic manipulation of microparticles., Ultrasonics, vol 134 (2023) [10.1016/j.ultras.2023.107087] [abs].
- Wang, H; Yuan, F; Xie, Z; Sun, C; Wu, F; Mikhaylov, R; Shen, M; Yang, J; Zhou, Y; Liang, D; Sun, X; Wu, Z; Yang, Z; Yang, X, Modelling hybrid acoustofluidic devices for enhancing Nano- and Micro-Particle manipulation in microfluidics, Applied Acoustics, vol 205 (2023) [10.1016/j.apacoust.2023.109258] [abs].
- Jin, Z; Yuan, F, A Double-Permeability Poroelasticity Model for Fluid Transport in a Biological Tissue, Transport in Porous Media, vol 147 no. 1 (2023), pp. 169-195 [10.1007/s11242-023-01904-w] [abs].
- Sylvers, J; Wang, Y; Yuan, F, Nuclear Entry of DNA and Transgene Expression in Dividing and Non-dividing Cells, Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering (2023) [10.1007/s12195-023-00784-w] [abs].