You are here
Daniel J. Sorin
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Dr. Daniel Sorin is a professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Duke University. His research interests are primarily in computer architecture and dependability.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bass Fellow
- Professor of Computer Science
- Office Location: 209C Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5439
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin - Madison, 2002
- M.S. University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1998
- B.S. Duke University, 1996
Computer architecture, designing microarchitectures so that they are easier to verify, improving computer system fault tolerance, developing memory systems for multicore processors, and designing special-purpose accelerators
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Program Chair of HiPEAC 2017. HiPEAC. 2017
- Co-chair of selection committee for IEEE Micro's Top Picks 2016. IEEE Micro. 2016
- Associate Editor in Chief. Computer Architecture Letters. 2015
- IEEE Micro Top Pick. IEEE Micro. 2015
- Best Paper Award. 20th International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture. 2014
- IEEE Micro Top Pick. IEEE Micro. 2011
- Lois and John L. Imhoff Distinguished Teaching Award. Pratt School of Engineering. 2011
- ACM Senior Member. Association for Computing Machinery. 2009
- Eta Kappa Nu. Unknown. 2008
- Intel Graduate Fellowship. Unknown. 2008
- NSF Early CAREER Award. National Science Foundation. 2008
- Outstanding Graduate Research Award. University of Wisconsin. 2008
- Phi Beta Kappa. Unknown. 2008
- Tau Beta Pi. Unknown. 2008
- Top of 2004 - Nanocomputing Research. Technology Research News. 2008
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2005
- COMPSCI 250D: Computer Architecture
- COMPSCI 391: Independent Study
- ECE 250D: Computer Architecture
- ECE 552: Advanced Computer Architecture I
- ECE 554: Fault-Tolerant and Testable Computer Systems
- ECE 652: Advanced Computer Architecture II
- EGR 491: Projects in Engineering
In the News
- A Crystal Ball for the Decade Ahead (Jan 9, 2020)
- Oswald, N; Nagarajan, V; Sorin, DJ; Gavrielatos, V; Olausson, T; Carr, R, HeteroGen: Automatic Synthesis of Heterogeneous Cache Coherence Protocols, Proceedings International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture, vol 2022-April (2022), pp. 756-771 [10.1109/HPCA53966.2022.00061] [abs].
- Sorin, DJ, Reconfigurable Hardware in Postsilicon Microarchitecture, Computer, vol 54 no. 3 (2021), pp. 4-5 [10.1109/MC.2020.3047006] [abs].
- Mehrabi, A; Lee, D; Chatterjee, N; Sorin, DJ; Lee, BC; O'Connor, M, Learning Sparse Matrix Row Permutations for Efficient SpMM on GPU Architectures, Proceedings 2021 Ieee International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software, Ispass 2021 (2021), pp. 48-58 [10.1109/ISPASS51385.2021.00016] [abs].
- Mehrabi, A; Manocha, A; Lee, BC; Sorin, DJ, Bayesian Optimization for Efficient Accelerator Synthesis, Acm Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization, vol 18 no. 1 (2021) [10.1145/3427377] [abs].
- Murray, S; Konidaris, GD; Sorin, DJ, Roadmap subsampling for changing environments, Ieee International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (2020), pp. 5664-5670 [10.1109/IROS45743.2020.9341431] [abs].