You are here
L. Catherine Brinson
Sharon C. and Harold L. Yoh, III Distinguished Professor
Appointments and Affiliations
- Sharon C. and Harold L. Yoh, III Distinguished Professor
- Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Donald M. Alstadt Chair of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 3379 Fciemas Building, Duke Campus, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5310
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. California Institute of Technology, 1990
- M.S. California Institute of Technology, 1986
- B.S. Virginia Polytech Institute and State University, 1985
Study of advanced material systems and developing new methods to characterize and to model material behavior. Her lab’s research objective is to characterize and model advanced materials systems, at scales spanning the range of molecular interactions, micromechanical and macroscopic behavior.
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
In the News
- Innovative Textile Vents to Release Heat When You Sweat (Jan 5, 2022 | Pratt School of Engineering)
- Six From Duke Elected Fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (Nov 24, 2020)
- Duke Adds 21 Faculty to Distinguished Faculty Rank (May 7, 2019)
- Catherine Brinson: Finding Hard Answers for Soft Matter (Aug 25, 2017)
- Li, X; Ma, B; Dai, J; Sui, C; Pande, D; Smith, DR; Brinson, LC; Hsu, P-C, Metalized polyamide heterostructure as a moisture-responsive actuator for multimodal adaptive personal heat management., Science Advances, vol 7 no. 51 (2021) [10.1126/sciadv.abj7906] [abs].
- Hu, B; Lin, A; Brinson, LC, ChemProps: A RESTful API enabled database for composite polymer name standardization., Journal of Cheminformatics, vol 13 no. 1 (2021) [10.1186/s13321-021-00502-6] [abs].
- Collinson, DW; Emnett, HM; Ning, J; Hartmann, MJZ; Brinson, LC, Tapered Polymer Whiskers to Enable Three-Dimensional Tactile Feature Extraction., Soft Robotics, vol 8 no. 1 (2021), pp. 44-58 [10.1089/soro.2019.0055] [abs].
- Xu, H; Sheridan, RJ; Catherine Brinson, L; Chen, W; Jiang, B; Papakonstantopoulos, G; Polinska, P; Burkhart, C, Data-Driven Multiscale Science for Tire Compounding: Methods and Future Directions, vol 310 (2021), pp. 281-312 [10.1007/978-3-030-60443-1_11] [abs].
- Iyer, A; Zhang, Y; Prasad, A; Gupta, P; Tao, S; Wang, Y; Prabhune, P; Schadler, LS; Brinson, LC; Chen, W, Data centric nanocomposites design: Via mixed-variable Bayesian optimization, Molecular Systems Design & Engineering, vol 5 no. 8 (2020), pp. 1376-1390 [10.1039/d0me00079e] [abs].