You are here
L. Catherine Brinson
Sharon C. and Harold L. Yoh, III Distinguished Professor
Appointments and Affiliations
- Sharon C. and Harold L. Yoh, III Distinguished Professor
- Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Chair of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 3379 Fciemas Building, Duke Campus, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5310
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. California Institute of Technology, 1990
- M.S. California Institute of Technology, 1986
Study of advanced material systems and developing new methods to characterize and to model material behavior. Her lab’s research objective is to characterize and model advanced materials systems, at scales spanning the range of molecular interactions, micromechanical and macroscopic behavior.
- BME 526: Elasticity (GE, BB)
- CEE 521: Elasticity (GE, BB)
- ME 591: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
In the News
- Duke Adds 21 Faculty to Distinguished Faculty Rank (May 7, 2019)
- Catherine Brinson: Finding Hard Answers for Soft Matter (Aug 25, 2017)
- Collinson, DW; Eaton, MD; Shull, KR; Brinson, LC, Deconvolution of Stress Interaction Effects from Atomic Force Spectroscopy Data across Polymer-Particle Interfaces, Macromolecules, vol 52 no. 22 (2019), pp. 8940-8955 [10.1021/acs.macromol.9b01378] [abs].
- Li, X; Zhang, M; Wang, Y; Prasad, A; Chen, W; Schadler, L; Brinson, LC, Rethinking interphase representations for modeling viscoelastic properties for polymer nanocomposites, Materialia, vol 6 (2019) [10.1016/j.mtla.2019.100277] [abs].
- Song, J; Kahraman, R; Collinson, DW; Xia, W; Brinson, LC; Keten, S, Temperature effects on the nanoindentation characterization of stiffness gradients in confined polymers., Soft Matter, vol 15 no. 3 (2019), pp. 359-370 [10.1039/c8sm01539b] [abs].
- Zhang, M; Cui, Z; Catherine Brinson, L, Mechanical properties of hard–soft block copolymers calculated from coarse-grained molecular dynamics models, Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Physics, vol 56 no. 23 (2018), pp. 1552-1566 [10.1002/polb.24742] [abs].
- Kolluru, PV; Eaton, MD; Collinson, DW; Cheng, X; Delgado, DE; Shull, KR; Brinson, LC, AFM-based Dynamic Scanning Indentation (DSI) Method for Fast, High-resolution Spatial Mapping of Local Viscoelastic Properties in Soft Materials, Macromolecules, vol 51 no. 21 (2018), pp. 8964-8978 [10.1021/acs.macromol.8b01426] [abs].