You are here
Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: 238 Hudson Hall, Box 90300, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5214
- Email Address: email@example.com
- D.Sc. Washington University in St. Louis, 2003
- M.S. Washington University in St. Louis, 1999
- B.S. University of Missouri, Columbia, 1996
Nonlinear dynamics and vibration utilizing analytical, numerical, and experimental techniques. Fundamental investigations of phenomenon and application areas where dynamical systems theory plays an important role.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- ASME Elected Fellow. ASME. 2013
- Philip E Doak Award . Journal of Sound and Vibration. 2013
- ONR Young Investigator Program Award. Office of Naval Research. 2008
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2007
- SAE Ralph Teetor Award. Society of Automotive Engineers. 2007
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2005
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2004
- NSF CAREER Award. National Science Foundation. 2003
- CEE 625: Intermediate Dynamics: Dynamics of Very High Dimensional Systems
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- ME 491: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 541: Intermediate Dynamics: Dynamics of Very High Dimensional Systems
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 591: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- ME 742: Nonlinear Mechanical Vibration
- Zhou, JW; Zhang, W; Wang, XS; Mann, BP; Dowell, EH, Primary resonance suppression of a base excited oscillator using a spatially constrained system: Theory and experiment, Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol 496 (2021) [10.1016/j.jsv.2020.115928] [abs].
- Manring, LH; Mann, BP; Schultze, JF, Modal analysis of the box assembly with removable component in two configurations, Conference Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics Series (2021), pp. 271-281 [10.1007/978-3-030-47709-7_25] [abs].
- Little, JA; Turner, JD; Mann, BP, Improving empirical characteristic multiplier estimation through a change of basis, Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol 488 (2020) [10.1016/j.jsv.2020.115613] [abs].
- Enrique Imbaquingo, C; Beleggia, M; Roberto Insinga, A; R. H. Bahl, C; Mann, B; Bjork, R, Analytical Force and Flux for a 1-D Electromagnetic Vibration Energy Harvester, Ieee Transactions on Magnetics, vol 56 no. 11 (2020) [10.1109/TMAG.2020.3024734] [abs].
- Coonley, KD; Sequeira, D; Mann, BP, Patterned rotary parallel-plate capacitor for frequency up-conversion and RC circuit waveform conditioning, Engineering Research Express, vol 2 no. 2 (2020) [10.1088/2631-8695/ab9928] [abs].