You are here
Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Jeffrey N. Vinik Professor
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: 238 Hudson Hall, Box 90300, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5214
- Email Address: email@example.com
- D.Sc. Washington University in St. Louis, 2003
- M.S. Washington University in St. Louis, 1999
- B.S. University of Missouri at Columbia, 1996
Nonlinear dynamics and vibration utilizing analytical, numerical, and experimental techniques. Fundamental investigations of phenomenon and application areas where dynamical systems theory plays an important role.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- ASME Elected Fellow. ASME. 2013
- Philip E Doak Award . Journal of Sound and Vibration. 2013
- ONR Young Investigator Program Award. Office of Naval Research. 2008
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2007
- SAE Ralph Teetor Award. Society of Automotive Engineers. 2007
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2005
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program. National Science Foundation. 2004
- NSF CAREER Award. National Science Foundation. 2003
- CEE 625: Intermediate Dynamics: Dynamics of Very High Dimensional Systems
- ECE 461: Ocean Engineering
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- ENVIRON 461: Ocean Engineering
- ME 394: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 426: Ocean Engineering
- ME 493: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 494: Engineering Undergraduate Fellows Projects
- ME 541: Intermediate Dynamics: Dynamics of Very High Dimensional Systems
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 591: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- ME 592: Research Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- ME 742: Nonlinear Mechanical Vibration
- ME 759: Special Readings in Mechanical Engineering
- Hutchins, AR; Zani, S; Manson, RJ; Mann, BP, Vibration testing of laparoscopic surgical instruments under varying grip pressures, Conference Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics Series (2020), pp. 9-11 [10.1007/978-3-030-12684-1_2] [abs].
- Borror, A; Mazzoleni, M; Coppock, J; Jensen, BC; Wood, WA; Mann, B; Battaglini, CL, Predicting oxygen uptake responses during cycling at varied intensities using an artificial neural network, Biomedical Human Kinetics, vol 11 no. 1 (2019), pp. 60-68 [10.2478/bhk-2019-0008] [abs].
- Mann, BP; Stanton, SC; Bernard, BP, Intentional nonlinearity in energy harvesting systems (2019), pp. 84-95 [10.1007/978-3-030-10892-2_10] [abs].
- Hutchins, AR; Manson, RJ; Lerebours, R; Farjat, AE; Cox, ML; Mann, BP; Zani, S, Objective Assessment of the Early Stages of the Learning Curve for the Senhance Surgical Robotic System., J Surg Educ, vol 76 no. 1 (2019), pp. 201-214 [10.1016/j.jsurg.2018.06.026] [abs].
- Sequeira, D; Wang, XS; Mann, B, Analytical Method for Stroboscopically Sampling General Periodic Functions with Arbitrary Frequency Sweep Rates, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, vol 140 no. 6 (2018) [10.1115/1.4040046] [abs].