You are here
Pratt Parent Circle
A giving club for our most involved non-alumni parents
Parent Circle Members support the Duke Engineering Annual Fund—one of the easiest and more effective ways to make a real impact on a student’s Duke experience.
The Annual Fund supports many things, including:
- High-impact, hands-on education, such as EGR 101: First-Year Design
- Mentoring programs for undergraduates, such as the 360 Coaching Fellows Initiative
- And more
Since our daughter started at Duke, we have been impressed with the world-class experience she has received, in and out of the classroom. She has a wonderful group of Duke friends that we imagine will be lifelong relationships. We are non-alumni parents who have enjoyed our own Duke experience. It’s wonderful to be part of the Pratt Family!
Carol Blacutt-Underwood & Brian Underwood
Features and Benefits
In addition to supporting the critical Annual Fund, you will also be invited to exclusive events—such as:
- The Pratt Parent Circle Meet & Greet during Family Weekend
- Meetings with the Vinik Dean of Engineering
- Gatherings with other leaders at the Pratt School of Engineering
Please join Carol and Brian, Nicky and Denis, and many other non-alumni parents in the Pratt Parent Circle!
“Our son will leave Pratt well prepared for industry, with a solid foundation of problem-solving skills. His rigorous academic schedule is balanced by a fun and engaging campus life. And, we get to enjoy our own Duke experience with the Pratt Parent Circle—it’s been terrific to meet other parents of Duke Engineering students!”
Nicky & Denis Ziman P’25
How to Join
Membership in the club is possible with a gift to the Engineering Annual Fund at the President’s Society level.
(This gift also applies to the Duke Parents Committee, which makes this a doubly wonderful way to be meaningfully involved at Duke!)
- One way to start is to review the many ways to give at giving.duke.edu »
- If you're ready now, make a secure online gift immediately at gifts.duke.edu/pratt »
If you have any questions, please reach out to any member of the Pratt Development Team.