Personal Emergencies

The university recognizes that students are sometimes confronted with emergency situations that are unexpected and stressful. There are a number of academic and personal support staff available on campus to help a student identify options and make appropriate decisions.

If you are faced with a personal or family emergency or a health condition that interferes with your ability to attend or complete classes, you should contact one of Academic Deans. Your Dean can notify your professors of your situation if you wish, provide Dean's Excuses for missed assignments and graded work, and help you make choices as necessary. If you are unable to notify your Dean's office yourself, you can ask a roommate, RA, family member or other individual to call for you. You may also wish to contact your adviser, CAPS or theWomen's Center, as appropriate.

Last updated: May 13, 2010