Duke’s Pratt School of Engineering has degree programs and certificates that prepare undergraduates to be successful. We view teaching as a partnership where students and faculty share the responsibility to excel.
- Top 10 Best School for Engineering Majors by Salary Potential – $78,400 median pay with 0-5 years of work experience (Payscale.com)
- Top 20 School for Undergraduate Engineering (U.S. News & World Report)
- Top 20 on Business Insider's 50 Best Engineering Schools (BusinessInsider.com)
Our highly-ranked undergraduate programs will give you a well-grounded and well-rounded education to prepare you for career success through studies in the biomedical, civil, environmental, electrical and computer, and mechanical engineering disciplines.
Our BME, CE, EnvE, ECE and ME undergraduate engineering degrees are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, abet.org.
In addition, we offer certificates in architectural engineering, aerospace engineering, energy and the environment, global development engineering, information sciences and information studies, innovation and entrepreneurship, and markets and management.
Our students participate in meaningful research, study abroad, and participate in a wide range of student organizations including service, entrepreneurial, cultural and specialized engineering groups.
Student Learning Outcomes
Our students will have the following capabilities upon completion of their degrees:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
Explore Duke Engineering
Degrees and Certificates
Details of the Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSE), academic certificates and our 4+1: BSE+Masters program
Enrollment and Graduation Rates
Data on how many students we enroll and graduate each year
Learn about being a Duke engineer, and how to become one
See Duke Engineering for yourself
More On Duke's Admissions Website
The First Year Experience
Residence life, facilities and resources
Cost and Financial Aid
Current tuition and living expenses estimate and some financial aid resources