You are here
Walter Neal Simmons
Gendell Family Associate Professor of the Practice
Appointments and Affiliations
- Gendell Family Associate Professor of the Practice
- Professor of the Practice in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: 144 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5297
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2001
- B.S.E. Bucknell University, 1998
- EGR 121L: Engineering Innovation
- EGR 190: Special Topics in Engineering
- ENRGYEGR 490: Special Topics in Energy Engineering
- ME 421L: Mechanical Design
- ME 424L: Mechanical Systems Design
- ME 490: Special Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 491: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 492: Special Projects in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 555: Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- Wollin, DA; Carlos, EC; Tom, WR; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Effect of Laser Settings and Irrigation Rates on Ureteral Temperature During Holmium Laser Lithotripsy, an In Vitro Model., Journal of Endourology, vol 32 no. 1 (2018), pp. 59-63 [10.1089/end.2017.0658] [abs].
- Tom, WR; Wollin, DA; Jiang, R; Radvak, D; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Next-Generation Single-Use Ureteroscopes: An In Vitro Comparison., Journal of Endourology, vol 31 no. 12 (2017), pp. 1301-1306 [10.1089/end.2017.0447] [abs].
- Wollin, DA; Ackerman, A; Yang, C; Chen, T; Simmons, WN; Preminger, GM; Lipkin, ME, Variable Pulse Duration From a New Holmium:YAG Laser: The Effect on Stone Comminution, Fiber Tip Degradation, and Retropulsion in a Dusting Model., Urology, vol 103 (2017), pp. 47-51 [10.1016/j.urology.2017.01.007] [abs].
- Xing, Y; Chen, TT; Simmons, WN; Sankin, G; Cocks, FH; Lipkin, ME; Preminger, GM; Zhong, P, Comparison of Broad vs Narrow Focal Width Lithotripter Fields., Journal of Endourology, vol 31 no. 5 (2017), pp. 502-509 [10.1089/end.2016.0560] [abs].
- Sankin, GN; Lautz, JM; Simmons, WN; Zhong, P; Frank, ST; Szeri, AJ, Elimination of cavitation-related attenuation in shock wave lithotripsy, AIP Conference Proceedings, vol 1821 (2017) [10.1063/1.4977638] [abs].