You are here
William H. Younger Professor of Engineering in the Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School of Engineering
Krishnendu Chakrabarty is the William H. Younger Distinguished Professor of Engineering and Professor of Computer Science at Duke University. He is chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Please note this web page is not updated regularly. For up to date information, please go to: http://people.ee.duke.edu/~krish/.
He received the B. Tech. degree from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, in 1990, and the M.S.E. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, in 1992 and 1995, respectively. He is a Research Ambassador of the University of Bremen (Germany).
During the past five years, he has a Chair Professor (Software Theory) at Tsinghua University, Beijng, China, and a Visiting Chair Professor at National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan.
Prof. Chakrabarty is a recipient of the National Science Foundation Early Faculty (CAREER) award, the Office of Naval Research Young Investigator award, the Humboldt Research Award from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany, the IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award, and 11 best papers awards at leading IEEE conferences. His current research projects include: testing and design-for-testability of integrated circuits and systems; digital microfluidics, biochips, and cyberphysical systems; resilient computing systems; enterprise system optimization and smart manufacturing.
Prof. Chakrabarty is a Fellow of ACM, a Fellow of IEEE, and a Golden Core Member of the IEEE Computer Society. He was a 2009 Invitational Fellow of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS). He is a recipient of the 2008 Duke University Graduate School Dean’s Award for excellence in mentoring, and the 2010 Capers and Marion McDonald Award for Excellence in Mentoring and Advising, Pratt School of Engineering, Duke University. He served as a Distinguished Visitor of the IEEE Computer Society during 2005-2007 and 2010-2012, and as a Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society during 2006-2007 and 2012-2013.
Currently he serves as an ACM Distinguished Speaker. He served as the Editor-in-Chief of IEEE Design & Test of Computers during 2010-2012 and currently he is Editor-in-Chief of ACM Journal on Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems and IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems. Prof. Chakrabarty is also an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Computers and IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems. In the past, he served as Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, and IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II. He serves as an Editor of the Journal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications (JETTA).
Appointments and Affiliations
- William H. Younger Professor of Engineering in the Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School of Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Location: 2513 CIEMAS, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5270
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1995
- M.S. University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1992
Testing and design-for-testability of integrated circuits and systems (SOCs, 3D, manycore); microfluidic biochips and cyberphysical systems; resilient computing systems; enterprise system optimization and smart manufacturing.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Fellow. Association for Computing Machinery. 2013
- Fellows. Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2008
- COMPSCI 350L: Digital Systems
- ECE 350L: Digital Systems
- ECE 494: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 538: VLSI System Testing
- ECE 891: Internship
In the News
- Georgiou, P; Vartziotis, F; Kavousianos, X; Chakrabarty, K, Testing 3D-SoCs Using Two-Dimensional Time-Division Multiplexing, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (2017) [10.1109/TCAD.2017.2780054] [abs].
- Vijayan, A; Kiamehr, S; Oboril, F; Chakrabarty, K; Tahoori, MB, Workload-aware Static Aging Monitoring and Mitigation of Timing-critical Flip-flops, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (2017) [10.1109/TCAD.2017.2778254] [abs].
- Xia, L; Huangfu, W; Tang, T; Yin, X; Chakrabarty, K; Xie, Y; Wang, Y; Yang, H, Stuck-at Fault Tolerance in RRAM Computing Systems, IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems (2017) [10.1109/JETCAS.2017.2776980] [abs].
- Koneru, A; Kannan, S; Chakrabarty, K, A design-for-test solution for monolithic 3D integrated circuits, Proceedings - 35th IEEE International Conference on Computer Design, ICCD 2017 (2017), pp. 685-688 [10.1109/ICCD.2017.119] [abs].
- Das, S; Doppa, JR; Pande, PP; Chakrabarty, K, Monolithic 3D-enabled high performance and energy efficient network-on-chip, Proceedings - 35th IEEE International Conference on Computer Design, ICCD 2017 (2017), pp. 233-240 [10.1109/ICCD.2017.43] [abs].