You are here
Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Assistant Professor - Track V in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
- Member of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Office Location: North Pavilion 8047, 2400 Pratt St., Durham, NC 27705
- Office Phone: (757) 784-6919
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Duke University, 2015
- CEE 690: Advanced Topics in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- CEE 692: Independent Study: Advanced Topics in Civil and Environmental Engineering
In the News
- David Carlson: Engineering and Machine Learning for Better Medicine (Jan 9, 2018 | Duke Research Blog )
- David Carlson: Generating Scientific Understanding from Machine Learning (Aug 24, 2017 | Pratt School of Engineering )
- Hultman, R; Ulrich, K; Sachs, BD; Blount, C; Carlson, DE; Ndubuizu, N; Bagot, RC; Parise, EM; Vu, M-AT; Gallagher, NM; Wang, J; Silva, AJ; Deisseroth, K; Mague, SD; Caron, MG; Nestler, EJ; Carin, L; Dzirasa, K, Brain-wide Electrical Spatiotemporal Dynamics Encode Depression Vulnerability., Cell (2018) [10.1016/j.cell.2018.02.012] [abs].
- Vu, M-AT; Adalı, T; Ba, D; Buzsáki, G; Carlson, D; Heller, K; Liston, C; Rudin, C; Sohal, VS; Widge, AS; Mayberg, HS; Sapiro, G; Dzirasa, K, A Shared Vision for Machine Learning in Neuroscience., The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, vol 38 no. 7 (2018), pp. 1601-1607 [10.1523/jneurosci.0508-17.2018] [abs].
- Li, Y; Min, MR; Shen, D; Carlson, D; Carin, L, Video Generation From Text, AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (2018) [abs].
- Carlson, D; David, LK; Gallagher, NM; Vu, M-AT; Shirley, M; Hultman, R; Wang, J; Burrus, C; McClung, CA; Kumar, S; Carin, L; Mague, SD; Dzirasa, K, Dynamically Timed Stimulation of Corticolimbic Circuitry Activates a Stress-Compensatory Pathway., Biological Psychiatry, vol 82 no. 12 (2017), pp. 904-913 [10.1016/j.biopsych.2017.06.008] [abs].
- Pakman, A; Gilboa, D; Carlson, D; Paninski, L, Stochastic Bouncy Particle Sampler, International Conference on Machine Learning (2017) [abs].