Engineering Alumni Council (EAC)
The Engineering Alumni Council is responsible for executing the mission of the Engineering Alumni Association.
- Advancing the cause of Engineering Education
- Promoting the interests of and loyalty for the Pratt School of Engineering
- Promoting a spirit of cordiality, mutual acquaintances, good fellowship, and communication among the members of the association
How to Join the Council
Contact Pam Hanson if you are interesting in joining the council or recommending someone.
Director of Advancement Services
305 Teer Engineering Building
What Council Members Do
A member of the Pratt Alumni Council is an active observer to the Pratt Board of Visitors, insuring that an alumni perspective is heard in all deliberations concerning Pratt's future direction and priorities.
Pratt Alumni Council representation on the Duke Alumni Association insures vital Engineer representation in overall university alumni affairs. Alumni Council funding of engineering club/society projects (such as the concrete canoe, steel bridge, SAE race car, electric car, etc.) has helped bridge the gap between classroom theory and the intellectual curiosity to apply concepts in real design scenarios.
The council's support of the DukEngineer has been instrumental in maintaining a publication that is both a scientific journal as well as a communication vehicle to alumni and friends.
Lastly, your Alumni Council has the distinct privilege of reviewing your nominations for the important Distinguished Alumnus/a Award, Distinguished Young Alumnus/a Award and Distinguished Service Award recognition presented at our annual spring banquet.
Student Projects Committee
This committee is responsible for selectively determining and providing funding for student projects and activities at the Pratt School of Engineering. Read the guidelines.
- Michael A. Wesley E’97, X’98 • Chapel Hill, NC
- William G. Gardner E’09, G’11 • Fredericksburg, VA
- William B. Senner E’06, X’06 • Durham, NC
Immediate Past President
- Dixie T. Wells E’91 • Greensboro, NC
- Anthony R. Baldassari X’06 • Raleigh, NC
- Ana E. Diaz E’77 • Chadds Ford, PA
- Grant T. Hollett IV E’93, B’02 • Chesterfield, VA
- Holly M. Espy E’93 • Chevy Chase, MD
- Ronald Barton Houck II E’86 • Apex, NC
- Anna E. Knight E’15, G’22 • Durham, NC
- Andrew J. Longenecker E’07 • Jupiter, FL
- Bridge D. L. McDowell E’84 • Kitty Hawk, NC
- William Randal Mendez E’82, B’90 • Wilmington, DE
- Tracy A. Nickelsburg E’88 • Alexandria, VA
- Howard Clifton Ray III E’13 • Charlottesville, VA
- Allan B. Shang E’83 • Wake Forest, NC
- W. Neal Simmons G’01 • Bahama, NC
- Ershela L. Sims E’93 • Durham, NC
- Judd W. Staples E’92, B’02 • Durham, NC
- Robert D. Wescott E’90 • Durham, NC