A major gift is transformative and can touch every corner of the Pratt School and the University. A major gift allows us to promote excellence in Pratt’s research programs, recruit and retain the most deserving and brightest students and attract and support top-notch faculty. Major gifts have provided desperately needed scholarships, taken a program to a new level and provided financial stability to a signature program. A major gift is lasting: they can provide support in perpetuity.
Why People Give
Donors make major gifts for many reasons, including:
- to make a difference—for a student, a professor, a department, or a program.
- to remember someone you love or respect—by naming a scholarship or fellowship, a professorship, a lectureship—even a building.
- to maintain an interest or affinity in a particular program you want to see grow and succeed.
- to show your gratitude for your Duke Engineering experience.
- to demonstrate your leadership and your support for higher education.
- to challenge others to give.
- to support your financial or estate planning through philanthropic tax advantages.
- to be recognized and join your peers in giving. We believe there are compelling reasons for each of our alumni and friends to give.
When you decide to give, you will have many opportunities to make a difference.
Where will your gift go?
You may target your gift to a specific area or you may give an unrestricted gift for the University to use for its greatest need.
How will we recognize your gift?
We are proud of our supporters and have established giving societies and other forms of recognition to say thank you.
How can you make a gift?
Please contact the Pratt School of Engineering at 919-660-5385 or complete the attached form and someone from our office will contact you.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in learning more about making a gift, get in touch.